Sign in to follow this  
vxcheese

Which Pistol Conversion Kit?

Hello,

Recently, both of my guns broke. My birthday is coming up and I will have a chance of getting new gear (budget is $350 max). I've picked out some new gear, so that leaves me with ~$275. I've been looking into pistol conversion kits (I want to go pistol only, I only play at cqb fields, no higher than 400 FPS), and the one I found best fits me is the CAA Roni ( http://www.evike.com/products/40872/ ). Evike has both the P226 and glock versions. That link is the P226 version, while the glock series is out of stock (AIRSPLAT has them in stock). If I go with the P226 conversion kit, I'm gonna use a KWA M226 PTP. If I end up using the glock one, well, I'm not sure. The deal breaker here is that the M226 is semi only, while most glocks can manage full auto. This conversion kit combined with something like a G18C with a 50rs magazine can be pure ownage, however the only glock I managed to find that was in stock and full auto was the WE G18C on AIRSPLAT. I heard the inner barrel breaks very easy on it, however like I said the M226 is semi only. Is there a mod I can do on a m226 for full auto? Which conversion kit should I get with which gun? I know I said I want to go pistol only, and the conversion kit is basically an smg, but this kit looks promising, and very worth money.

Please help me decide!!

Most CQB fields don't regulate full auto fire.

"Most" Glocks are not auto. Only the 18C, certain 23s and 26Cs. The automatic ones are also a lot less reliable than the straitforward semi automatics.

Why would you want the KWA M226? That thing is probably one of the most proprietary KWAs, and youre limited in every sense. If anything something TM based would be a lot more beneficial, also giving you the opportunity for longer inner barrels, something popular with the conversion kits.

G-series and SIGs also have a very different grip feel, and the bore axis is very different (not so important for the kits). If you havent used them both I would suggest doing so before making a decision.

Guest alberty

I've used both before, and on some occasions I'm allowed to go full auto. How does the WE Glock 18C perform? I've read it's only 300 FPS but it seems like my best bet to use that conversion kit.

What's wrong with the FPS? A lot of GBB pistols shoot around that number from out-of-the-box.

The WE G18 is notorious for the cracked nozzle issue, although you can DIY fix it if you really want. Personally I'd just go for the G17, I don't think the G18 is the "best option for the conversion kit".

If you want a P226: KJW is probably your best bet, using TM or WE mags since the KJ ones have some leak issues usually. That is if TM is off the table for whatever reason.

If you want a G-series, TM, or KSC if you want to go that route.

I highly suggest you first try and play with your pistol only. You'll soon realize that "G18C with a 50rs magazine can be pure ownage" lasts only a couple seconds tops on full auto. There's a way to make any semi auto pistol to slam fire, effectively making it going full auto, but again unless you've got a sack full of mags to feed it going full auto all the time isn't as cool as it seems. Just about everyone I know who uses gas rifles and/or pistols as primaries almost always shoot on semi auto because rounds are severely limited. But if you do your part in aiming properly even 100 rounds on you can be a lot. Personally in a full days worth of playing I'm struggling to use up more than 150 rounds. The stock on a pistol carbine kit allows for greater stability and accuracy plus allows a longer barrel to be safely contained so it would be best to utilize those benefits rather than wasting ammo as you can do that even without a carbine kit.

I just took in two KSC G18C Police Trainers (WHich means very little use) for trade on the Stark G units.

Want one with a 50 round and standard magazine? $150.00 shipped....PM if you want it.

Edited by Guges Mk3

On a Sig, TM or KWA, you file the bump on the transfer bar so that the slide doesn't push it down and cause the sear to disconnect. As the slide goes back into battery and the trigger continued to be depressed, the hammer will ride the slide and hit the valve knocker for another cycle. If you don't trust the WE Sig, at least go with a KJW. The TM hop on them is far better than KWAs especially if it's for longer ranges. For the Glock, I'd say TM but the stock slides aren't durable on propane so you either need to use weaker gas or put in a metal slide added to the initial cost. Economy wise, WE wins it even if you need to buy a Guarder outer barrel for it.