to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
xXprosniperXx

90 degree trigger vs 45 degree trigger with TM's VSR-10 Pro and G-Spec

Hey Guys,

I have been doing a ton of research on the two most popular TM (Tokyo Marui) airsoft snipers - Pro Sniper vs. G-Spec. However, I haven't found enough information about the 45 degree trigger sear vs. the 90 degree trigger sear. I guess my question is is the G-Spec's trigger sear going to strip if I upgrade it to let's say about 450 fps? Also does the G-Spec's silencer effect accuracy, is the pro more accurate, and which will be better for only upgrading to a better spring, piston, spring guide, and maybe a R-hop/W-hold bucking?

Thanks

A Google search will provide you the difference between a 45 and 90 degree sear.

Every 45 degree sear will strip eventually. A stock TM will take much longer to strip because it uses a weaker spring, which puts less stress and thus wear and tear on the sear. A higher spring will cause the sear to fail sooner.

The only difference between the Pro and G-Spec is the externals. And inner barrel length. The silencer does not affect accuracy. The pro is not necessarily more accurate, and both could use upgrading in all the parts you mentioned if you plan on shooting in the 400+ FPS range.

He pretty much nailed it. More or less the way a trigger works is this.

|----|-|

|

That top portion is the piston. The bottom line is the trigger sear. They hit each other at 90 degrees. In a 45 degree set up it would look like this.

|----|-\

\

So the trigger would be at a 45 degree angle hitting the piston as well at a 45 degree angle. The reason this set up gets stripped is due to the top of the sear being like this |\ So the end gets rounded more and more due to the piston rubbing until the end is no longer long enough to catch the piston.

There are no plus sides to a 45 degree setup that I know about. Most people who get the VSR/Bar-10 upgrade to the zero trigger which is strong enough to not wear out like other sears. It just costs like 100 dollars.

<AT>HeroesNeverQuit, that's not how it works. Not even remotely close.

The stock 45° sear doesn't so much as strip out of friction but break from the leverage (that's the 1st aka trigger sear to be specific). If your goal is only about 400-450 fps then a steel SHS 1st sear will be all you need costing you all of $8, the one true benefit of the 45° system. 2nd sear doesn't wear out much if at all as it rubs against the piston which is made out of nylon. Higher than that and the bolt will be harder and harder to push forward as the 45° design means half of the spring's tension is vectored upwards when cocked causing the piston to rub against the cylinder. The 90° system has all of the tension held perpendicular to the piston sear so bolt movement is eased even for very stiff springs, but at the cost of a complete overhaul as this means getting a 90° sear assembly and piston which aren't exactly cheap.

Hello everyone, I'm back. I got the VSR-10 G-Spec for my birthday and now I'm looking to upgrade it. If I want a new spring that pumps out around 450 FPS MAX (local field site limit :wacko:) , what should I get. I was looking at the PDI springs and they look pretty good. I also looked at Laylax, however, everywhere I look they are out of stock... :mad: Is there any way I can get a good spring that functions and fits the standard VSR-10 G-Spec parts without having to upgrade anything else? If not then I would just get what I need to make the gun work like get a new spring guide (full metal) and a new piston. Any specific recommendations on that? Hopefully there is a way that I can buy a stronger spring that fits and functions just so I can ramp up the fps. Thanks everyone for your time and help.