Mordeton

ISSC M22 GBB Pistil gas problem (Video as well)

Hello, I am a 16 year old airsofter from Norway. Today I received my M22 GBB Pistol. It worked fine for 4-5 test mags. I sprayed some silicon lube on the slide and other parts, shot 1-2 mags and then this started happening.

Things I have done/tried:

-Clean the silicone off

-New gas canister

-Firing without ammo

-Checked mag for gas leak

Things I have noticed:

-The slide meets some resistance halfway up

-Sometimes the slide wont go in the fully forwards position (I have to push it the rest of the way)

VIDEO:

I AM NOT FIRING WITH ANY AMMO. ITS A DRY FIRE TEST.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8cOO2L0lak

Thank you for reading :)

well it won't let me watch but I've had that stick slide issue on a customers glock, it was solved by disassembling the spring guide and cleaning all the oil off it, it may be gunked up.try to avoid the spray silicone for lubrication. That stuff can ruin seals. When you want to lube it you can use r/c car shock oil, make sure its 100% silicone oil also make sure its viscous, or its heavy weight oil. Also grade helps alot, just a tad on the slide rails after cleaning and a little bit on the piston head. I switched from using oil on the piston head seal to just using grease and my efficiency went up because it seals a little bit better than oil. I'm using white lithium grease and I've had no issues so far.

What is your gas source and how are you filling it?

We need exact details down to room temp and gas type.

Room temperature is 22C.

I am using "ULTRAIR POWER GAS" from "ASG" and contains C4H10, C3H8 and has a 99,7% purity.

I fill it up from the bottom of the mag. I hold the gas can in the mag for about 3-5 seconds before releasing.

I have noticed that the kick from the gun becomes weaker and weaker for every shot.

Using a new gas can got me 2-3 more rounds before it wont fire.

Edited by Mordeton

no, don't use anything on the guide rod, just wipe it off to test it out. Also make sure that stuff didn't have any kind of petroleum in it. That stuff will destroy any rubber over time

oh jeez I forgot about that.. I though it was g19 length rod.

one other cause could be a problem in the blowback housing, or the nozzle spring, or even the piston head seal.

oh jeez I forgot about that.. I though it was g19 length rod.

one other cause could be a problem in the blowback housing, or the nozzle spring, or even the piston head seal.

I would guess the nozzle spring. Would polishing the slide make it better? So there is less resistance.

No...I think its your fill method.

Put the magazine in the fridge for 20 minutes. Then fill and do a proper fill with the ear on the fill tank. Once the hissing stops. Let the magazine warm to room temperature about an hour. Our put it in your back pocket for 15 minutes to warm it up.

No...I think its your fill method.

Put the magazine in the fridge for 20 minutes. Then fill and do a proper fill with the ear on the fill tank. Once the hissing stops. Let the magazine warm to room temperature about an hour. Our put it in your back pocket for 15 minutes to warm it up.

will try that