Sign in to follow this  
sniperx2s

CQB sniper rifle

I have been out of the airsoft for a few months now. SAT is 2 weeks away, and I'm sending out college applications right after. Hopefully, once I get accepted via Early Decision, it's full on senioritis for me after december and that means lots of airsoft.

anyways, I've been mulling around the idea of a spring powered CQB sniper rifle for the lulz, but after acquiring a KJW M700, as well as two KWA pistols in a trade, I've decided to build a really nice gas CQB sniper rifle

Just to get this out of the way, the KJW is based off the R700 Long action right? the OEM stock is way too long and heavy, so I was thinking of modding an Blackhawk Axiom stock. It has a pistol grip, and a retractable stock, so good choice for CQB. I need to know if its the Long Action, even though I'm like 90 percent sure that it is.

So, technical stuff... I need to get the gun to shoot under 350 FPS w/ .20's. I'm thinking about using a madbull 6.03 barrel or a ZCI/Core steel barrel around the 300mm range, preferably less. Obviously that would significantly drop FPS, but by how much? basically, should I be using green gas or 134a? I know I can adjust the FPS via the screw in the bolt.

Yes, I know barrel length doesn't matter too much, but how short can the barrel be? I need the gun to be pinpoint accurate within 100 feet. like less than 2 inch grouping. Flat Hop or regular hop? I could do R-hop, but at such a short distance, R-hop seems rather moot.

Also, is the barrel cut for VSR-10 or AEG's? I've searched this and I seem to be getting conflicting results.

Action Army 28 round magazine good or not? don't want to shell out 80 dollars + overseas shipping for a Tanaka.

Obviously suppressor. I'm gonna build it out of PVC and wrap it in carbon fiber vinyl.

Short action. 100% positive it's a short action. The original Tanaka and KJW copy are patterned after the .308. As for fps, it's adjustable so getting to 350 can be done easily even with the full length barrel. No need to switch to 134a but there are cases of magazines bloating on propane when hot. Mine never did so just keep them out of the sun I guess.

Nicely done. Light weight I would guess. And if you're still debating about the action army mag, mine works extremely well. Same output and consistency as my 2 expensive tanaka mags.

As for the pistol grip it looks like it might be at slightly the wrong angle. How is it secured to the the body? Is it just screwed straight in?

yeah it is pretty light. I have a 3-16x40 scope on it and it makes it far too heavy. I'm gonna get a BSA 2x20mm scope though. should lighten it up.

the grip is attached by a screw and epoxy. the epoxy didn't adhere properly so its pretty just one screw that's holding it in place I might try to replace it eventually with a element target grip once I figure out how to really secure the grip to the stock.

Well I want a 2x scope so I can hit people with only their arms or legs exposed.

probably going to leave the broom handle foregrip on there. It does the job.

and its actually not a broom handle. I realize it kinda looks like it from the picture, but its a rectangular block of wood that has the same width as the stock where the two meet.

Also made a suppressor for it. Still waiting for carbon fiber vinyl to arrive, then I'll update with picture. It's not as silent as I would like. The barrel is too short and there's just simply way too much gas coming out of the front. Didn't want to make a ridiculous long suppressor. Might need to tune it down, but FPS is perfect as is.

Edited by sniperx2s

Lol! It really does look like a broom handle from than angle. But if you're not set on the wood finish, might I suggest texturing it so it blends with the rest of the stock? You can roughen it with sandpaper then apply a thin layer of marine epoxy. When still tacky you lightly go over it with a sponge to give the wet tissue texture that McMillan stocks use. Sand down sharp points when set then spray with flat black. It's a cheap and easy way to make things look more professional, improves ergonomics, and will add bb hit resistance to the wood.

Depends on the paint and how it's applied. Ferrous metals and plastic can do without primers, just a degreasing and roughening will do, but aluminum/zinc alloys can definitely benefit from a coat or two of 1k etch primer prior. Krylon is very hard wearing as are acrylic epoxies which are usually used for automotive applications. They tend to scratch off synthetic materials rather than flake off like paint on metal with an oxidized layer in between.

20141018_062805_zpsk0d5yqib.jpg

forgot about this... here is the gun with the suppressor.

some technical specs: madbull 6.03 x 273mm inner barrel. Chronoed at around 230-240 FPS, although I got spikes up to 280. These are done with .32's. with .20's though, the max FPS would be around 350, which is perfect for cqb.

The sound of the BB hitting concrete 50 feet away is louder than the gun itself.