to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Hey guys!!!! First post here... Kind of a newb so no laughing pls XD

Anyways... Ive been kinda wondering about a spring shotgun mod...

I kinda had a crazy idea that if you open the shotgun and remove whatever is holding that single bb in the chamber you can put multiple bbs in the barrel...

I know what your thinking well the bbs would roll out right? well I kinda wanted to take my dremel and make a small cut in the barrel and put some sort of o ring or rubber in it and instead of the single bb in the chamber the mag would keep feeding multiple bbs in the barrel...

What do you guys think? could it be plausible

I don't really wanna waste $40 on a good springer shotgun just to ruin it XD

Any help appreciated

Guest alberty

You have the right idea, and there are actually some shotguns that do something similar.

One example is the KTW M37 series. They have a system which can hold 2 BBs in the loading chamber with the use of o-rings.

You could try it yourself, but if you don't do it perfectly then you may essentially ruin your gun, as the cheaper springer shotguns generally are proprietary in parts. Do at your own risk.

Edited by alberty
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

the ktw is pretty cool but a little expensive for my current budget XD the design is pretty cool though... it still only fires one single bb but if I could get 3+ to fire ill be happy and the bb holding system you mentioned is really close to what I was doing so there might be some hope XD

probably some damage but as long as I have another barrel I might be able to experiment without doing any permanent damage... I hope...

im going this weekend to try it out on a double eagle m47d and if it turn out well ill try a more expensive shotgun like an a&k... ill put design specs and maybe test results if it works

Many thanks friend

Edited by yeyitus

Guest alberty

the ktw is pretty cool but a little expensive for my current budget XD the design is pretty cool though... it still only fires one single bb but if I could get 3+ to fire ill be happy and the bb holding system you mentioned is really close to what I was doing so there might be some hope XD

When you said "still only fires one single bb" are you referring to your current gun, or the KTW M37 series that I mentioned?

The KTW M37 series has the system that allows you to select between shooting 1 BB or 2 BBs in the shot with a little switch or something. Internally, there's stuff involving o-rings.

• Downvote 1

I misunderstood my bad XD

I thought that it fired 2 bbs with a single pump not both bbs at the same time... ill look into it then maybe it has already been done so less effort into the design XD

Im going to try to feed 4 or more but not many more since the fps would probably drop a very significant amount.

Edited by yeyitus

Guest alberty

why not just buy a $70 tri (3) shot shotgun from evike or airsoft megastore shoots 375FPS uses realistic shot gun shells and its full proof, no need to drill or risk ruining it, just go to airsoft megastore and search tri shot shotgun

The tri-shot shotguns definitely do not shoot at 375 FPS, unless you're talking about 0.12g BBs then maybe.

It's not completely fool-proof, nothing is. It's always possible to easily break a tri-shot by mis-pumping, which can jam and dent/snap the tri-loading nozzle.

The tri-shot shotguns definitely do not shoot at 375 FPS, unless you're talking about 0.12g BBs then maybe.

It's not completely fool-proof, nothing is. It's always possible to easily break a tri-shot by mis-pumping, which can jam and dent/snap the tri-loading nozzle.

ya I was sayin with .12 but it could easely be upgraded if it can be done to a single shot shotgun than it can be done to a tri shot just upgrade the spring I upgraded a mossberg m590 from288 fps to 370-380 by putting in an m120 it worked, dead accurate, powerfull, just takes time to put in the spring without making eavrything pop out and in careull hands a tri shot can last virtually forever with the proper care and maintenance its a must for any cqb airsofter

Upgrading springer tri-shots isn't as easy as you make it to be. Case in point: have you tried upgrading one yourself? The springs in them are already immensely heavy to be able to push out three .20g bbs at 280 or so fps. That would be the equivalent of having an AEG on an M150 spring. And you suggest to put in a heavier one? They existed for a time long ago and have since never been revisited due to guns failing shortly after. The stock plastic mechanisms inside will last for a quite a long while, but the stock spring is just about all it can ever take.

Honestly, if you're serious about shotgunning, forget about cheap ones. The Tokyo Marui M870 and its successors give you a 6-pellet spread at a range where I have gone up against AEGs and GBBRs and came out on top.

It's unfortunately an upgrade sink, as there are so many things that can be improved about it, but upgrades are easy. Mine now runs on HPA and has reinforced internals. And it's the best gun I have with regard to how effective on the field I am.

Spring shotguns are also very hard to pump. With gas/HPA, you can fire as fast as you can work the action.

Spring shotguns are also very hard to pump. With gas/HPA, you can fire as fast as you can work the action.

In contrast, yes. But 'very hard'? It doesn't take much to build good arm-strength to minimalize that obstacle. Forward-grips on a shotgun can also aid in easy of pumping in general.