OfficialSam

RIS Handguard for AK Beta Spetsnaz varients/ other upgrades?

I saw another thread concerning this same issue, but it never really seemed to get resolved. Are there any handguards that would fit an AK Beta Spetsnaz style gun, or more specifically the Marui version? I feel like a AKS74u style handguard would work, but I'm not sure (am willing to try). Anyone know if it would or not, or could suggest something else?

I bought this TM AK Beta from a friend for $80, and I'd like it to become my first project gun. Really want to make it look amazing. Aside from the handguard, another external upgrade I was hoping would be possible is to get a buffer tube style stock. Currently the gun has the battery wired to the stock, and I'd prefer to keep it that way, but I haven't been able to find a hollow/not sealed off buffer tube for AK's.

And lastly, the gun has a annoying sounding whining noise (reminds me of the cheap combat machine rentals at the place I usually play at) when it shoots, any way I could maybe get rid of that and get something a bit more nicer and intimidating sounding (not a sound amplifier please, getting a PBS-4 suppressor for the gun). Also, when shooting semi auto, if I try and shoot too fast, the gun stops shooting completely. Got to try switching it to full auto, shooting once, then back to semi. If I don't switch to full auto and shoot, it simply wont shoot in semi at all.

I am relatively new to airsoft (played a bit over the past few years, much more within the past couple months though), and have no experience with modifying guns at all, so if most of this didn't make sense, you can tell why. xD (Oh, also, best $30ish pressure switch flashlight I can get would be?).

Anything else you guys suggest I do to the gun? I am hoping this gun will turn into a great CQB gun (350 fps limit)/ outdoor skirmish gun.

AKS74U handguards will not fit without modifying the grip or the gun as they are significantly longer.

It is an AEG so is inherently whiny. To get it the least whiny you need to get it shimmed properly.

The hangup on semi happens when you let go of the trigger mid cycle in semi auto. There's a sweet spot where the contact switch gets stuck and you won't be able to get it operating again unless you bypass the semi auto with full auto. To limit this from happening you can get a stronger battery or tune the gun to shoot faster so that sweet spot is minimized. That or install a MOSFET to eliminate it altogether.

Guest alberty

How bad is this whine that you're describing? It's a sound that all AEGs make, but the internal setup will help minimize that. I'm asking because a stock Tokyo Marui AEG often sounds very quiet from everything meshing really smoothly in the gearbox.

For your RIS handguard question, a typical AKs-74u type handguard will not install onto the AK Beta without some intensive modification work. The AK Beta is like a shortened AK-47 so that creates a lot of differences for you to deal with.

Instead, look around online. I think SRC and G&G have made AK Beta railed handguards at some time. If not, DIY is also an option...

If you've never done AEG tech work before, I would recommend you don't try to modify your gun internally, especially if it's a properly working stock Tokyo Marui. Use it, maybe try a nicer battery, and then later decide if you want to tinker with it internally.

I suppose the whine is not that bad, but I've heard better, and would like to have the gun make a better sound than it does. I don't mind trying internal stuff, like I said, I'd like this to be a project gun. The only handguards I've found specifically for the Beta Spetsnaz is one from SRC without any rails and some sort of ugly thumb hole grip, and a wood one, again with no rails. I'll keep looking I guess.

Something else I'd be interested in is this style of a stock http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/738/dscn3937tg2.jpg

Where would I find something like this, and would a battery fit in it or no?

Also, it looks like he may have taken his standard handguard and simply made some holes on the sides, and screwed on some small rails, is that an option or a bad idea?

Edited by OfficialSam

Guest alberty

I suppose the whine is not that bad, but I've heard better, and would like to have the gun make a better sound than it does. I don't mind trying internal stuff, like I said, I'd like this to be a project gun. The only handguards I've found specifically for the Beta Spetsnaz is one from SRC without any rails and some sort of ugly thumb hole grip, and a wood one, again with no rails. I'll keep looking I guess.

I don't know if this can be found standalone, but the G&G RK Beta has the railed handguard I am talking about. I assume it may be able to replace a stock TM AK Beta handguard.

So, I saw someone post this on another thread for the same problem, how would I do this?

AK4sale2.jpg

That's not a Beta Spetsnaz. Look at the rear sight. The owner probably attached a Beta Spetz barrel to a fullsize AK body.

Guest alberty

That's not a Beta Spetsnaz. Look at the rear sight. The owner probably attached a Beta Spetz barrel to a fullsize AK body.

Adding onto your observations, I don't even think that's actually an AK Beta barrel/front handguard cap assembly. Just by comparing the top handguard piece of an AK Beta and the one in that picture (It's AK-47 style), there's a distinct size difference.

That custom thing in the picture is probably from someone having just chopped off everything in the outer barrel to the end of the handguard, and then attaching the front sight post from there. The front sight post comes off completely on a TM-style AK such as that one, making that modification easier in one way.

Hmm. Well, things are not looking too great for me I'd say xD Almost feel I'd be better off selling my gun and buying something else xD

That being said, any good compact AK varients great for CQB/maybe outdoor games, with an fps lower than 350? Preferably with a RIS handguard, or one

that could easily have the handguard replaced with a RIS one? Also would prefer the battery to be in the dust cover, not in the stock, and below $300ish?

Edited by OfficialSam

Hah I'd love to get a gas AK, but they, along with most gas rifles, are a bit expensive compared to most decent AEGS.

What would be the best AKS74u AEG I could get? preferably less than $200.

Would also like it to be around 350 fps, though preferably less. Seems like most are in the 360 - 400 sadly, which is odd considering they're so compact and perfect for CQB.

Full metal is also a must. Lol probably should just start a new thread in the Which Gun Should I Get section.

DBOYS then. Full steel construction, same as the VFC pattern CYMA but the trouble with CYMA is you have to go through the trouble of finding out if it's the old type which uses diecast parts even for the stock trunnion or the new/VFC one. They drive the fps high because it's more appealing to newbies: you get sales pitches like "full metal", "high fps", and "lipo ready".

Just a friendly pointer never, ever buy from airsplat. Their customer service is horrible and their packing looks like a grandma with arthritis stuffed a gun into a cardboard box. End result, something gets broken, and airsplat sends you a 45$ restocking fee because there's "nothing wrong"

At the moment ASGI is down for manetainence, so I cannot be sure. But are they both dboys? Do they both have the same specs? Also look for a "product code" on the gun. For example the Cyma cm040d and cm040b are both AK104's just with different stocks. The cm028 is their cheap starter AK47 and so on. Maybe dboys has something like that maybe they don't.

I will get back to you once their page is up again.

Guest alberty

Just a friendly pointer never, ever buy from airsplat. Their customer service is horrible and their packing looks like a grandma with arthritis stuffed a gun into a cardboard box. End result, something gets broken, and airsplat sends you a 45$ restocking fee because there's "nothing wrong"

At the moment ASGI is down for manetainence, so I cannot be sure. But are they both dboys? Do they both have the same specs? Also look for a "product code" on the gun. For example the Cyma cm040d and cm040b are both AK104's just with different stocks. The cm028 is their cheap starter AK47 and so on. Maybe dboys has something like that maybe they don't.

I will get back to you once their page is up again.

You will get varying results from buying from any major airsoft retailer. I've personally purchased an AEG from AirSplat with no issue, and I've had several friends buy a few AEGs from them over time with no packaging horror story. We have had some good and some bad response times from customer service.

DBoys does have different model names obviously, so just look up the model you want before buying, it's simple.

Just giving examples

The only things I will buy form airsplat is green gas, because they are the only ones that sell it, and gbb pistols. cheapest, in some cases, Otherwise I tend to stay away

EDIT: Pistol mags. Not pistols. That's what you get for posting with your phone lol.

Edited by nitemare_airsoft