Sign in to follow this  
H3is3nb3rg

Rental Guns

Hey guys,

I want to open an airsoft and yes I have read around and seen some threads already posted regarding this but also most of these are from like 3 years ago and I just wanted to know how the opinion has changed and what guns would you really recommend to be rented out to customers or what guns do you think can take a lot of stress and beatdown before giving up and dying. Sorry If I posted it in the wrong area

Thanks for your responses

It depends on what type of gun you want to use as your rentals (I.e. M4, AK, G36, etc...), but JG, CYMA, Dboys, and G&G Combat Machines would all make cost-effective rental guns. Personally I'd take a look at the CYMA CM028 as they are pretty decent guns for only $90.

My field only has one type of rental gun available (a G36c, I have no clue the OEM), so the idea of having multiple models of gun available to rent is a bit alien to me. But like I said above, anything JG, CYMA, or Dboys should be fine, as all of those companies make multiple models (especially JG) that are pretty reliable and won't break the bank.

CYMA CM028 <-- Basic AK-47

CYMA CM028-S <-- AKS-47 (same as above but with a folding stock)

CYMA CM031 <-- AK-74

CYMA CM035 <-- AKS-74U

The nice thing about AK's is that hicaps hold 500-600 BB's, so you can rent them out with only one hi-cap and the user will be good for a game or two before they need to refill it.

Edited by B.A.M.F.
  • Upvote 1

What do you guys think about a Dboys m4 or A&K? A&K >>>> http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/2866-a-and-k-airsoft-m4-ris-carbine-aeg-rifle-ank-pr-m4ris.aspx . Dboys>>>> www.airsoftmegastore.com/755-440-fps-airsoft-dboys-full-metal-quad-rail-m4-cqb-sd-aeg-rifle-bi-3881m.aspx

Edited by H3is3nb3rg

Cybergun has an Affiliate in South Africa.

Also you are looking at factory brands - JG, Dboys, CYMA....etc.

All the wholesalers rebrand...

My I ask what business experience you have H3? I know Palco USA wholesales to Africa. With the downfall of the SA Postal system...shipping to SA is either slow or expensive.

Edited by Guges Mk3

Business experience related to airsoft? None ....
I have however done an internship &lt;AT&gt; a local paintball field
also I co-own a Fashion store here as well as own shares at a couple of agricultural firms :D

Also my family is full of business and marketing majors ready to help :D Why do you ask?

Cybergun has an Affiliate in South Africa.

Also you are looking at factory brands - JG, Dboys, CYMA....etc.

All the wholesalers rebrand...

My I ask what business experience you have H3? I know Palco USA wholesales to Africa. With the downfall of the SA Postal system...shipping to SA is either slow or expensive.

I live in East Africa so I hope it wont be a bother :D. I will try contacting Palco regarding that. Do you mind giving me their link ? Just thinking I might have been browsing the wrong store (Was browsing www.palcosports.com)

you should be considering models with QD Spring change systems.... eg: E&C m4's ;)

and there are many wholesalers... (any retailer will offer wholesale) but very few that are true wholesale only.

18 is a HK based Wholesale only company with no minimal order. ;)
But you may need a good freight forwarder for your desination...
sales&lt;AT&gt;18wargamehk.com
http://www.18wargamehk.com/

you should be considering models with QD Spring change systems.... eg: E&C m4's ;)

and there are many wholesalers... (any retailer will offer wholesale) but very few that are true wholesale only.

18 is a HK based Wholesale only company with no minimal order. ;)

But you may need a good freight forwarder for your desination...

sales&lt;AT&gt;18wargamehk.com

http://www.18wargamehk.com/

Thanks for the info regarding m4 <3 but that website shows to me that all products on their website are HK $0 ? Is that an error with my browser or ?

Also what do you guys think of wholesale central ? I have literally no experience with them and was wondering whether anyone here has ever bought an airsoft gun from them. They seem to have some decent guns. http://www.wholesalecentral.com/globeproductsupply/store.cfm?event=itemdetail&itemid=669249&returnto=

Guest alberty

Stupid as this sounds the double eagle m85 can take a beating but it is only good in a short range cqb field because it's fps is not good but on the other hand its rod is good and they are very cheap at around $40

That would be a very bad choice as a rental gun. That gun uses proprietary parts and magazines, and it is overall not durable. Even if you use it normally and don't abuse it, it will wear out shortly. Now, take that cheap AEG and put it into the hands of a first-timer, it will very likely break even faster.

Guest alberty

Ok dude seriously stop controdicting Me I have my opinions of my own experianses you of cource are entitled to have your own but my arena use these guns as the rental and they last

Contradicting? Well, like you've stated, you have your own opinion and I have my own opinions. I've worked part-time in an airsoft arena and have performed tech work on AEGs. I have seen various kinds of stoppages/breakages from the AEG rentals firsthand. With this personal experience of mine, I would not recommend LPEGs if for an airsoft field if the staff are serious about having a reliable platform for first-timers to use and enjoy reliably.

Very often, when a first-timer has a problem with their AEG, they tend to keep on pulling the trigger until they give up. If there was something jamming the inner barrel, that back pressure would give bad effect on the gearbox. The piston could strip, and maybe the bushings could blow out too, and this is in a regular-grade AEG.

Step it down to an LPEG, you have everything plastic. The cheap plastic used in the bushings, piston, gears, and gearbox itself are even easier to strip from a malfunction. Take a look at this picture that renegadecow posted below of a broken DE M85 gearbox, and observe how the plastic gearbox shell failed:

An LPEG?!? Seriously dude, what part in this picture do you find saying "quality"

gearboxm83__90061_zoom.JPG

Edited by alberty

I was suggesting that you use this gun because its cheap and you can replace it eisily you could purchase some higher end weapons to use as a premium selection and charge slightly more with a deposet

That works...details and clarifications would not have been needed if you would just mention that in the first place.

Sadly...details in statements is a lost art and some people find it offensive...

Woah... I have been absent here for some time now, (LOTS OF WORK) and the thing is in my country if the person does not have a great time the first, they are unlikely to come back again. Offering an LPEG as a first .... I will try getting one de m85 here as well to test and see how likely they are to break and inspect it ... thanks for the suggestion. <3

1) spend a little more and get pro-line quality guns. Forget the sport line guns they will be broken beyond repair in short order.

2) get one kind of gun so you can economize on the spare parts and at some point you will begin to cannibalize parts from the more broken guns to make working guns from the remainder of the rental fleet.

3) if your renters are anything like the renters we have here in North Atlanta GA USA, the proline guns will break every 5th rental if not sooner. Outdoor play even faster.

4) get lots of extra batteries and have plenty of chargers on hand.

Been tech at airsoft field for 2 years.

wage peace.

1) spend a little more and get pro-line quality guns. Forget the sport line guns they will be broken beyond repair in short order.

2) get one kind of gun so you can economize on the spare parts and at some point you will begin to cannibalize parts from the more broken guns to make working guns from the remainder of the rental fleet.

3) if your renters are anything like the renters we have here in North Atlanta GA USA, the proline guns will break every 5th rental if not sooner. Outdoor play even faster.

4) get lots of extra batteries and have plenty of chargers on hand.

Been tech at airsoft field for 2 years.

wage peace.

How much do you charge in your field?

We CHARGED $25 for one hour with gun,mask and 1000bb.

$50 for all day with gun mask and 2000bb.

We got a lot of one hour walk in's since we WERE in a mall.

Classic Army pro line m4's.

wage peace

Offering lmgs, cqb and regular guns is going to get very expensive and very hard to regulate. You should have 2 options at the most because it makes it much easier to fix and maintain the guns. It will be super helpful if both types of guns use they same parts. There guns will break no matter what so variety will make it really hard.