to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
MortonJ1992

Custom CM18 Mod1

Hello, All!

First off, thank you for taking the time to view this thread, and even more so if you decide to respond with any sort of advice.

Now, I have fallen out of airsoft this year, due to getting engaged and trying to get set up for college and what not. BUT I'M MAKING A COME BACK! (;

I have sold or given away %99 of my gear so I'm having to start from scratch. (which I'm actually okay with!)

I have this oppurtunity to start a completely custom build based around a G&G Combat Machine Mod1.

I am going with the blk/dust version. The reason why I have chosen this gun, is that I have owned a CM before and for being mainly polymer, they are surprisingly durable. And, all of the internals are going to end up being replaced anyways, so the stock parts are not important to me.

At this point, you may be asking yourself, "Why doesn't he just buy a gun that is suiting aesthetically and already comes with decent internals?". This is a very good question, and I am glad that I decided to make you ask :D. Mainly, I want to have a %100 custom gun, completely put together by me. I feel that buying a gun right out, you don't get the emotional connection with your gun so you are more prone to get a year down the road and just sell it or trade it for something that you're going to end up doing the exact same thing with later down the road. Secondly, I have done a lot of research before making this decision, and finding a gun that I seem to come up with (IE the VFC Mod1, that only shoots like 320+/-, even though it is a $430 gun.)

Yes, I do realize that fps isn't the biggest thing to look for in a gun, but I don't want to watch a person run away from my bb's before they even reach them. I also want to be able to both A. work well in cqb situations and B. also not compromise being able to reach out and tag someone from 200 ft.

And finally, into the main point of this thread. Below, I am going to list all of the internal parts, along with a few external parts that I am planning on purchasing to make this gun worthy of my time. Please, feel free to put forth any opinions of advice (also offer a logical explanation of why you believe there should be a change) and I would love to go back and forth with some of you guys (and girls) on potential upgrades and such. So here goes:

Internals:

HOP UP UNIT: PROWIN M4 CNC HOPUP CHAMBER

BUCKING: SYSTEMA HOPUP BUCKING

MOTOR: GUARDER INFINITE TORQUE UP MOTOR (LONG)

INNER BARREL: MADBULL BLACK PYTHON 6.03 TBB

SPRING: JBU STEEL M120 HEAT TREATED

SPRING GUIDE: SHS SUPER SHOOTER V3

PISTON: SHS SUPER SHOOTER 15 TOOTH

PISTON HEAD: LONEX ALUMINUM VENTILATED

NOZZLE: SHS AIR SEAL NOZZLE M4 ALUMINUM

GEARS: SHS 32:1 SUPER SHOOTER ULTRA HIGH TORQUE

Externals:

STOCK: MAGPUL PTS CTR

SIGHT: EOTECH REPLICA

GRIP: MAGPUL PTS MOE

FOREGRIP: MAGPUL AFG

SILENCER: ALIEN AIRSOFT KAC QD SUPPRESSOR

MAGPUL B.A.D. LEVER (FOR AESTHETIC PURPOSES ONLY)

PEQ15 REPLICA

post-89848-0-06312100-1416847644_thumb.jpg

If you are going with standard buckings the Prometheus purple would be better, but not cheaper; what would be better/cheaper would be a flat hopping a G&G green bucking (which are also pretty nice as a standard bucking). Ideally you'd want to rhop if you want the range you are talking about and get that tuning feeling.

If you are going for a torque motor a SHS/ZCI/JG high torque would be both better and cheaper.

Madbull barrels are alright, better than stock at least, but long term I hear the inner coating flakes off, not sure if that is still the case with them recently though.

Are you playing at field or cqb? cqb typically has a 350 fps limit which an M120 spring would be over (not sure how close the JBU m120 is to a "true" m120 though).

A v3 spring guide is not the same as a v2 spring guide, imo just get the cheapest v2 bearing spring guide you can find.

A high torque motor with a high torque gear set? That is extremely unnecessary/inefficient. Is there a particular rate of fire you are trying to go for or...?

Guest alberty

For your parts lists I want to first ask, do you have good experience with working on AEGs? If not, I recommend you first start with the basics of learning the AEG internals and how all of these parts come together. This way, you can get an idea of what parts you should, or should not, buy, and what parts fit your build requirements and budget well.