Sign in to follow this  
CombatTurtle

An Accurate Bullpup?

So I'm looking to get a bullpup weapon to use as a sort of DMR, but I'm just looking for one that's pretty accurate. I do plan on upgrading in the future but until then I'll use it as a normal assault rifle.]

My budget is $300.

I also want there to be a sort of realism to it, since most DMR's are 7.62 caliber, or around there, I would want it to be a weapon of that caliber. (I know it doesn't matter in airsoft)

I was thinking maybe and SVU? I'm not sure.

Thanks.

They don't make an SVU just yet so your only option is a custom build. As a matter of fact, I don't think there are any readily available bullpup rifles that aren't bolt action using anything larger than a 5.56.

Oh, okay. I didn't know that. So what bullpup would you recommend? Any caliber.

http://youtu.be/mAyZDWhximY?t=3m45s

And what's he holding there at 3:45? Is that an AUG?

Edited by CombatTurtle

There are picatinny rail adapters for SA80s that mount to the top dovetail rail. And while the China clone SUSATS are far from cheap, they're actually very, very good in quality. They got the reticle spot on and they have clear glass with no perceptible distortion on the other edge. Just don't know if they can take the beating mounted on a GBB though.

There are picatinny rail adapters for SA80s that mount to the top dovetail rail. And while the China clone SUSATS are far from cheap, they're actually very, very good in quality. They got the reticle spot on and they have clear glass with no perceptible distortion on the other edge. Just don't know if they can take the beating mounted on a GBB though.

Ok cool. Now I just have to learn how to shoot right handed. :D

If you're a lefty there are more lefty friendly bullpups out there like the TAR21. SA80 ergonomics are at best horrible, and thats shooting it on the right side.

Alright I'll see. I want to learn how to shoot right handed anyways, so it doesn't matter too much to me.

So what's a good AUG out there? JG? Some people say it's too heavy.

Edited by CombatTurtle

Guest alberty

Alright I'll see. I want to learn how to shoot right handed anyways, so it doesn't matter too much to me.

So what's a good AUG out there? JG? Some people say it's too heavy.

For AUG, existing good options for brands had been:

- Tokyo Marui (the original)

- JG (clone)

- Classic Army (clone)

Today there are newer offerings from JG and APS, and Tokyo Marui also released the CQB speciality AUG HC (High Cycle).

You will see AUGs today branded as ASG or Steyr licensed, but they are essentially rebranded JG or CA models.

Guest alberty

Why do you want a bullpup so bad?

I'd like to hear the poster's answer, but some things that make them popular with the airsoft selection:

- longer inner barrel possible within the body size

- some are small models, such as P90, PDR, L86A2, UAR, AUG CQB

- some/most feature more ambidextrous controls

- different feel and weight balance

- slightly more uncommon what the average player has, slightly "exotic"