Sign in to follow this  
DoubleX

Looking for a full auto GBB Pistol or SMG

Hello, I was thinking about getting a semi-auto / full auto capable pistol or SMG to play around. I will be using this setup as a capture the flag type of game play where I need one hand free, and anything bigger than a M11 is probably not going to work. MP7 and MP9 is also not going to work. I hear a lot of good things about KWA but I never actually had any to try. Things I am interested in trying.

KWA M93r

We-Tech Burton M9

KWA M11

Since I have never had any of those guns before, can anyone tell me the pros and cons about them? Those are the only ones I am interested so far, others that I have not discover I might be interested so feel free to share the knowledge.

Also any full auto 1911s

no hi-capas or any pistols that uses hi-capa magazine, because of the weird magazine release.

also no glocks, sorry glock lovers.

They are all not robust guns. Soft alloys and FA fire will wear these guns out faster than a SA GBB.

Also...the performance of FA fire in gas guns is rather lacking. You will spray more shots with varying velocity than a SA with shots fired quickly with each pull of the trigger.

Honestly...learn to shoot in Semi-Auto.

BTW...all the pistols listed have multiple durability issues. I would not recommend any of them.

Ahh I see, I just thought it would be a good idea to put more rounds down range, since using any standard pistols you will not have the ability to suppress which tend to rely more on your team mates doing the work for you. I've noticed when I used my M92 on full auto, even tho it has no accuracy what so ever, it still manages to hit out of luck because of the rof. I even had a player said one of the shots hit him right between the goggles at about 100ft. I know there are semi auto pistols that can be built well and hit accurately. So far I picked the we-tech 1911 and built it that way. It does shoot further than other pistols but vs AEG is about the same range. I was not very impress because of the magazines only hold 15r, pretty much every kill requires a reload. And I run about 20 mags empty most games. It would be nice to get some rof going and extended magazine type of guns.

Would you think some of the bigger type of guns will be better? Such as the MP7 and MP9. Also the We-tech MP7 seems promising.

I know there are semi auto pistols that can be built well and hit accurately. So far I picked the we-tech 1911

LOL! Well, at least you didn't go for an Elite Force.

Not sure why you're ok with a 1911 but not with a Hi-Capa owing to the magazine release when the two are just about the same. Try looking at TM's Hi-Capa Xtreme. It may just fit the bill. If the grip is too big for you, put on a Tanio Koba slim grip.

Edited by renegadecow

Yea but I did throw in a lot of upgrades in the we 1911 to make it shoot nice, I had a TM 1911 the full metal version as well, they didn't seem too far off in accuracy and range, except TM magazine is made a lot better with double stack and better gas consumption. The reason I cannot use hi capa is because I shoot left handed, almost every time I pull the trigger my finger hits the mag release (I broke 2 magazine plates from this, and I just stop using them altogether). And also with hi capa the grip frame is plastic, aluminum ones cost $300 just for the grips. I don't like the feel of plastic, if I could pick a pistol that has a metal grip that I can feel the cold binding to my hands that is just perfect.

Right now I just want a full auto GBBR that I can one hand, I could even use it with my stealth load out with knife and pistol.

If it's any consolation, the grip on real 2011s are plastic as well. And your other choices, the M11, MP7, and MP9 are all plastic too. A whole lot of plastic.

If your trigger finger is bumping the mag catch you can cut it down into a low profile one. Or use that Tanio Koba grip that I've mentioned which slims the gun down considerably making it hold very similarly to a 1911 so it would likely ease up on your mag release problem as well.

But failing that, have you considered the new PLR-16 by WE/Socom Gear?

Edited by renegadecow

I don't know something about hicapa just turns me down, I think we-tech left a bad impression on those for me. The grips might actually work, but all in all I might just go with another platform of pistol to avoid the problem anyway. The M11 I was actually going to find the steel kit, not sure if anyone sells them anymore, but it is pretty much a must if I get my hands on the M11. SMG plastic is fine, because there aren't many SMGs out there, and they are a lot more fun to shoot, so I can't complain. I was quite interested in the We-tech MP7 because of the high kick.

You know, when Guges Mk3 said he doesn't recommend any of he guns, I immediately think I must go the GBBR platform, and which was to get a We-tech 416 and make it into some pistol size if possible. But this style is going to be pretty hard to one hand, and still waiting for more vendors to have them for sale as well.

You can't have all the things you want. Something small won't have that much fps unless you're looking at CO2 which brings a whole nother mess to contend with, though I don't see anything wrong with 320fps for outdoors. Bigger guns won't have the same handling characteristics as smaller guns especially since you're planning on using it one handed. There are more options out there, but unless you start having some realistic expectations out of them you'll only end up shooting them down like the previous suggestions. There's the MP7 for one. Good ergonomics and good performance in a small package but you say you don't like it then say you're interested in it in another post.

Depends on what you count in for performance. The stock WE/New Wave doesn't shoot very consistently and needs a new hop rubber. In one gun I've fixed up I had to widen the hop window on the inner barrel and convert the hop arm to take regular nubs. They recoil way more than KWA but that also means they use up more gas leading to more pronounced cool down which affects groupings on full auto. The trigger is also mushy as hell and needs work on the sear to address the issue. KWAs on the other hand are under sized by about 10% and extra magazines are more expensive.

If you want party mags for your pistol, these are your choices:

"Hicapa"

Glock

M9/M92

WE M&P

If you want FA capability:

Glock

A few variants of M9

A few Variants of Hicapa

If you want durability "and" parts:

Glock

TM Xtreme

Those are your choices.

I was going to use my KSC G17 to built a CQB SMG because glocks have a better SMG housing. So that is what the glock is for, I don't want to get another one. As for hi capa, I probably had every single one that we-tech ever made, including the 7" in both color. Probably that is why I don't like hi capa because I am bored of them. I am looking for a pistol with a relatively long slide, with at least a 6" barrel. In my opinion the M11 is perfect, can attach silencer and is very much one handable. Second to that is the M9, I always wanted a M93, because hell it's a M93. Also the we tech burton m9 doesn't sound too bad since they have loads of parts for it to make it shoot better.

Also I am going to throw as much upgrade parts as I can for the gun I will be getting, so all the places that can be worn out I can probably switch them out.

Can probably use 226 if it has full auto and at least a 6" barrel length.

Don't be to optimistic about some products just because you want them to be great.

WE M9 has a major design flaw. Weak slides. You will blow one apart like this:

rda_we_larryburton_biohazard_explodes.jp

Poor alloy that is to thin.

P226 in 6"...good luck in in finding that other than a KWC X5 P226

Maybe you should consider the Glock. Put a long slide and comp kit and you can hide a 7" barrel.

Wow that is something, how many rounds did you had it go through? I don't play much and probably certainly won't use something until it's life runs out. My fields are only open on weekends and I always uses the least amount of bbs at the end of the day on my team.

I do have this Taurus M92. It is a co2 semi full auto pistol, seems to be pretty solid. Most realistic pistol I have ever used, the slide rack sounds just like a real pistol, not like the we-tech alloy hitting alloy sound. The only problem with it is that there is no upgrades, the stock bore is just plane garbage, because there is no option to aim while using it on full auto, even if I can hold down the recoil the bbs start spreading in a circle 5ft from firing. I really really want to upgrade this pistol, but now I have took it apart and I don't know how to put it back together (lol).

well then I guess I will just hold off on this thought, I pretty much moved on to AEGs, and into the GBB world. I guess I will see if they have better guns releasing and if current guns get more upgrade parts to deal with any weak issues they might have.

My...such optimism...no worries...Airsoft reality will kill that American Consumerism soon. :w00t2:

Now that's even sillier than a magnifier with nothing in front of it. If your optics were designed with the eye relief of being shouldered, then yes, they'll only work when shouldered. But there's a whole slew of long eye relief optics, even magnified ones and of course unlimited eye relief optics like red dot collimators, reflex, and holo sights that will work shouldered or at arms length. And this is airsoft, even the highest recoiling guns are tame enough to aim, full auto, and one handed. You just have to do your part and aim in the first place.

Would suggest the KSC 93r, almost just like the KWA/KSC M9, but w/ 3rd burst & full auto.

Only downsides? Magazine tolarances too fine (mag follower gets stuck) and the extended mag is impossible to repair once you drop it (happens too much with the 93r's weak mag catch). Solution? Use the m9 mags.

Guest alberty

The G5 has a lot of issues with cracking.

Have you heard anything of the newer production models? I know the earlier production ones had the frequent problem of lower receivers breaking over time, but I have heard a word or two that this issue was possibly remedied in newer revisions of the G5.

The new reinforced lowers are fine. But they still have broken under the abuse of the steel RA-Tech bolt carrier which IMO is a downgrade if anything. People try to justify using 134a on the steel bolt instead which makes litte sense as you could just as well run the stock carrier on propane.