Sign in to follow this  
magpulmaniac88

Which M4 AEG

I am totally new to airsoft and in the process of selecting my first gun. Most of the playing around me is indoor but I really want to get into milsim. I have decided I want to go the route of an AEG M4 platform and have a few questions. I really like the idea of electric blowback models, for more realism, is the ROF reduced any on AEG's with blowback? If so how much? My budget is pretty much up for $350-$400. I was really looking into the G&G TR15 raider XL with the blowback

Edited by magpulmaniac88

I would advise not getting a gas blowback unless you are willing to grow away that kind of cash on gas if you were to go with a gbbr then a we tech scar is a good choice or if you like bulpup guns there is always the l85 or for an smg you could chose a we or kwa mp7 which topically cost around $300 and then buy tac strobe lights and a sight if you decide to be more efficiant and go with electric blowback you could find all sorts of models such as the kwa magpul cqb

I don't reccomend spending alot on your first gun. because you want to make sure you like the sport first. Plus if you want to play Milsm then you'll need gear. Plus you'll need to make sure you have a team since Milsm has set roles for each player like sniper, machine gunner etc.

Guest alberty

The G&G blowback AEG functions the same as any AEG, but then they added a sort of complicated design to let air move a fake tin bolt on the top of the gearbox. It does not any kick or realistic sound to your AEG, so it's just cosmetic and not very helpful to working on the internals of your AEG over time.

If you really want feedback/recoil there is the TM recoil series, KWA ERG, and BOLT recoil AEGs to look at.

The criteria for realism/authenticity vary depending on who you ask but you should strongly consider characteristics/things you want most in order to play and work from there. For example many players go for guns like the VFC 416 but it has no feedback but it looks pretty cool (to them).

One option you have is to simply get a quality gun that shoots well and will last a while out of the box and move on to the other stuff like solid eye/face protection, footwear, etc if you don't already have them.

If you really want feedback/recoil there is the TM recoil series, KWA ERG, and BOLT recoil AEGs to look at.

The criteria for realism/authenticity vary depending on who you ask but you should strongly consider characteristics/things you want most in order to play and work from there. For example many players go for guns like the VFC 416 but it has no feedback but it looks pretty cool (to them).

One option you have is to simply get a quality gun that shoots well and will last a while out of the box and move on to the other stuff like solid eye/face protection, footwear, etc if you don't already have them.

The TM recoil series is not really recoil at all, it is not very noticible at all (in my opinion)and I've herd they have issues. TM are expensive and most of the come shooting 230+ feet per second so they require a lot of internal work to get them running as well as other guns. I would strictly advise you to not get a TM! My M249 kicks as much as the recoil series and it was never designed to kick.

The gun you should get is a G&G Combat Machine.

It is very reliable, easy to work on, and cheaper than most guns. If you really like Airsoft then you can buy better guns later on.

Now if you have to know what would be an experienced players choice, it would be a VFC, KWA, Classic army Pro series (not sport line), or G&G top tech gun. Some people would include others but these are some fantastic stock guns that performs very well and are high quality. All guns are in the $290-$600 range so they're not cheap!

Guest alberty

The TM recoil series is not really recoil at all, it is not very noticible at all (in my opinion)and I've herd they have issues. TM are expensive and most of the come shooting 230+ feet per second so they require a lot of internal work to get them running as well as other guns. I would strictly advise you to not get a TM! My M249 kicks as much as the recoil series and it was never designed to kick.

The TM recoil shock series will give you more noticeable recoil-simulation feedback than any other AEG out there without a similar system.

The TM recoil shock system is expensive yes, but factor in the brand name, importation costs, material and quality, and proprietary system. It would be unfair to compare that to a regular AEG when they are very different.

The FPS should be closer to 300 with 0.20g BBs (perhaps 250-270), definitely not 230. Where are you getting this number of 230 FPS?

Sample chrono for reference from a YouTube overview video: http://youtu.be/Bq8TQht33Ys?t=8m41s

"Running as well as other guns" seems very subjective. A higher FPS is not necessarily an indicator of an AEG's overall quality, and a stock TM recoil shock series definitely performs well out of the box.

A regular AEG M249 isn't producing kick. You're probably feeling feedback from the piston cycling movement vibration through the whole body.

Edited by alberty

Mr. Gearbox please speak from experience versus what you "herd".

There is now the G&P HOTS System AEG now too. It is a recoil engine and the thin is loaded with loats of metal to "induce" a recoil effect...albeit a slight twitch IMHO.

Problem with the G&G Pneumatic blow back is that it does "twitch" the fake bolt on SA fire. But on full auto...it pretty much stops moving due to the constant pressure holding the fake bolt back...and that is "so" realistic.

Now if you want realism...get a gas carbine rifle.

Granted...the cross hair is called a sight.