The gun:

Completely upgraded m249 (very few stock parts almost everything has been upgraded)

With everything calculated it comes to ~$1247

Asking: $900

Bought for $380

Para style stock.

Parts:

External:

Classic army front rail system

Classic army lower rail system $200 overall

Barrel extension $45

Madbull 6.03 tight bore (don't know which one) $50

Some 45 cantered BUIS's $75

Internal:

SHS 12:1 Gears $30

SHS High Torque motor $40

SHS 15t and POM piston head $25 overall

SHS full cylinder, cylinder head, air nozzle: $43 overall

Guarder upgraded ver.2 tappet plate: $9

SHS Sector gear chip: $6

GATE MERF 3.2 mosfet $50

Deans connectors + 14 ga wire $10

11.1v 5000 mah Lipo I will include: $60

SHS bushings $9

Upgraded micro trigger $10

Aftermarket box mag $110 (it was completely modified so it could feed fast enough)

Reinforced gb $50

I will include PDI 150%, 170% and 200% springs $~45

Hours upon hours perfecting this gun, and it pay'd off.

Specs:

38 rounds per second with 11.1 <AT> ~370 feet per second

30 rounds per second with old 9.6 <AT> ~370 feet per second

The gun has a worn look, not overly scratched but worn, I didn't make it, it sorta happened over time.

Issues:

Quick spring release latch broke, fixed by adding foam pads and now rests on pin behind it.

Missing charging Handel

Sometimes screws fall out because the gun shoots too fast

Is this a fair price based on what I listed? The gun runs excellently and I am adding 2 m4 mags hi caps, the stock parts, and the old 9.6 battery (doesn't hold 9.6v anymore)

Am I asking too much, am I asking too little?

Edited by MrGearbox

Guest alberty

Even if you ask for a price that is fair compared to what it actually cost to you, most buyers looking at it will see a secondhand AEG and will not be interested in the value of it as a huge package of every little bit. They will instead look at the base AEG and think it seems expensive, like 300% higher than a brand new stock one that they could build up on too.

You can try to tell them "but it's fully decked out and ready to play", but think of the typical buyer trying to be thrifty.

Good luck with the sale.

The china clone market has essentially killed resale values. It's a double edged sword, good to bring new players in, but then they're used to $150 or so AEGs, so even $300 or so is a hard sell, much less anything higher. I'd say the price is fair, but good luck ever getting that....

You will never sell it for 900.00

Since new ones with all cosmetic bits cost 300.00 intact.

The new ones still cost ~$380. All the cosmetic parts are things that I looked up when making the post, I may have payed more but I'm not sure so I'm putting each thing at they're modern value.

Also it would cost a lot to get a tech to install all of these parts, get it perfectly shimmed and running very well on the first try.

I would be highly surprised if you managed to scrape more than 400-450 for it. I've seen complete P* setups sit for a while at 600 simply because the market isn't as good as it used to be.

My rule of thumb for sales is 70% of retail if the thing is in excellent condition (maybe a tiny bit of wear, no broken bits/paint schemes unless hydrodipped). Upgrades tack on 30% value unless you are putting in really high end stuff (think RiotSC, BTC, Prommy, Lonex, etc). These prices only apply if you are selling something easy to get. Discontinued/rare guns differ tremendously.

Also, well known techs don't charge that much to install parts. Shimming is considered cheap, and from what it sounds like you just made it a lego build, not really spending time for extreme fabrication (think Bingo's conversion for P*s). I could probably find a tech to work tune it for ~50 total.

Anyways, I would put your base gun at ~200, all your upgrades worth ~100, and accessories at ~100.

I would be highly surprised if you managed to scrape more than 400-450 for it. I've seen complete P* setups sit for a while at 600 simply because the market isn't as good as it used to be.

My rule of thumb for sales is 70% of retail if the thing is in excellent condition (maybe a tiny bit of wear, no broken bits/paint schemes unless hydrodipped). Upgrades tack on 30% value unless you are putting in really high end stuff (think RiotSC, BTC, Prommy, Lonex, etc). These prices only apply if you are selling something easy to get. Discontinued/rare guns differ tremendously.

Also, well known techs don't charge that much to install parts. Shimming is considered cheap, and from what it sounds like you just made it a lego build, not really spending time for extreme fabrication (think Bingo's conversion for P*s). I could probably find a tech to work tune it for ~50 total.

Anyways, I would put your base gun at ~200, all your upgrades worth ~100, and accessories at ~100.

Well I have a retro arms 249 geabox shell that I could drop in. I also have a 14:1 siege two gearset I could also install.

Would that help with the price?

With any hobby, you will never get back what you put into it. The only exception might be Classic guns. I would encourage you to list your gun for $500+, and just watch it sit, and sit, and sit, and sit.

Whenever I buy a gun, I do a lot of planning and research to make sure it is something I will never sell, because you'll never make good money on it.

You'd probably get marginally more money if you parted everything out.

Edited by airborne101

With any hobby, you will never get back what you put into it. The only exception might be Classic guns. I would encourage you to list your gun for $500+, and just watch it sit, and sit, and sit, and sit.

Whenever I buy a gun, I do a lot of planning and research to make sure it is something I will never sell, because you'll never make good money on it.

You'd probably get marginally more money if you parted everything out.

Thanks for all of the advice, it seems like I will just trade for a gun.

If anyone has a G&G Gr25 they want to trade, pm ASAP, I want one really bad. This gun is just to heavy for me, I'm not that big of a kid.