Sign in to follow this  
Guest alberty

G&G blowback M4 AEG: optimal inner barrel length?

Guest alberty

Hello all,

I know there's existing data on matching optimal inner barrel length to cylinder porting, but is there a known good range of inner barrel lengths in consideration of the G&G M4 AEGs with the pneumatic blowback feature?

I ask since they have a setup which is not like your typical gearbox with a ported cylinder, but instead it looks like a full cylinder but there's a hole at the top which lets the air flow through the pneumatic system up top for moving the fake bolt piece.

To the point, what would the longest inner barrel length be that I could use effectively in one of these G&G blowback M4 AEGs, before I reach diminishing returns?

Thanks.

Guest alberty

The stock barrel is fine...are you using that as a baseline? Buy swapping out the holed cylinder head for a regular one you can run regular 363mm barrels.

The variant I have came with an inner barrel with a length of about 285mm, but I know that all the G&G M4 blowback gearboxes have the same cylinder and piston assembly specs, so it's hard to say what is the default length besides the common 363mm and 300mm included in the most common M4A1 and M4 CQB variants.

So for example, I know a typical full, non-ported, cylinder is approximately good for up to 455mm inner barrels at most, so with this G&G blowback gearbox's setup, I was wondering if there's a similar known number or range of numbers.

I know you could just try to swap to a regular setup, but the G&G blowback gearbox shells are shaped different around the cylinder, so I cannot drop in a standard cylinder without first modifying something.

Guest alberty

You could plug the Blow back nozzle and run it like a regular AEG then.

Hm sure, I guess I could disable the cosmetic blowback feature with that in mind.

But in that scenario, that is sort of like converting it to a full non-ported cylinder type, so would I then be overvoluming with a 285mm or 300mm inner barrel?