Zpayne08

Which m4 AEG?

I'm new to airsoft, but definitely not new to real firearms. Some friends and I have been throwing around the idea of getting into airsoft for fun and training purposes. I've been reading a lot about brands etc. seems to be that classic army and a few others are highly suggested. What I'm confused about is when I look at the brands that are renowned, they have lower priced ones around $150 all the way up near $1000. What is the difference between them? Also gas or battery? What is the range difference between the cqb rifles and the standard rifles? Mostly will be playing in the woods but a couple hours away there's a cqb village field. What would you guys suggest for $300 or so? And what about a pistol? What's suggested for those? Thanks

You are reading some really dated Information if it says Classic Army is a "highly" suggested brand. They haven't been on the top list for over 8 years. So with that the better AEG's are G&P, Krytec and VFC, this is the current highly recommended brands.

Then there are starter brands of which CA falls into currently among others.

If you want real rifle action you want to go Gas. Electrics is not ideal for training, unless where you train is cold. Then you need to run electrics.

Unlike real firearms where the "Cartridge" is a factor in what makes the gun. Airsoft is just the 6mm ball and 400fps at the muzzle is 400fps at the muzzel "Regardless" of barrel length.

Many professional Force On Force Trainers use airsoft for it is a good simulation tool.

So with that if you run an AR...there is much to chose from.

There are quite a few airsoft selling websites out there, both overseas and stateside. You already mentioned airsoftgi.com, they and evike.com are among the two big american names.

In regards to the gas guns, there are many different systems out there that use anything from "green gas"/propane, HPA, to Co2. Due to the complexity, cost of magazines, and constant upkeep, most people recommend AEGs for getting into airsoft - very low maintenance in stock form if you get something reliable and you only need to worry about batteries, which oftentimes will get you through an entire match without neededing rechgarged.

In stock form, from a reliable brand, most AEGs will perform the same, whether its a CQB variant or m4 length. Upgraded will make the most difference after that - most people recommend new barrel and hopup bucking for the first mods.

I'd like to spend $300 or so. I don't wanna upgrade bc its gonna be for fun and messin around. Maybe put a red dot on it to get a similar feel to my real rifles. But how accurate are the red dots anyways with airsoft? Accurate to like 25ft? I also don't wanna do hiccap mags, I wanna stick to midcap. Was reading they were more reliable anyways.

Guest alberty

I also don't wanna do hiccap mags, I wanna stick to midcap. Was reading they were more reliable anyways.

There are both reliable hi-cap mags and unreliable mid-cap mags. It's not accurate to generalize the entirety of each mag without factoring in different brands, price ranges, and types.

• Upvote 1

I don't wanna have to wind them up every so many shots

You should go to a "field" and look around, because you have a lot of misconceptions about what Airsoft is really like. Ask people nicely to see and try their items. Bring eye protection when you do.

Your not going to get the gist of Airsoft by asking questions on a Forum.

25' All AEG's can hollowout a dime sized hole at 25'. Even at 25 yards the good AEG's can keep the hole under a size of 3"

Heck, I have pistols that can make head shots at 60 yards and AEG that can hit a man sized target at 85 yards.

Only the Bad magazine require to wind the wheel every 30-40 shots. The good hicaps can dump the entire magazine in one wind, ~300 shots.

Edited by Guges Mk3

Ah ok. There's not many airsofters around here that use good stuff. Most are maybe the $100 guns or ones from Wally world. I'm just used to paintball where they lob pretty bad and aren't really accurate

What's the opinion on these two by lonex/BO? And why the $100 price difference? They seem identical

http://www.evike.com/products/50718/

http://www.evike.com/products/50709/

I would highly recommend getting an Elite Force M4A1 if you don't mind using electric, as it is very durable, and comes with battery and charger. If you really want a gas gun, the Tippmann M4 is absolutely amazing and tough as nails, although it is very pricy. As for BBs, if you want biodegradable BBs, Cybergun makes some really nice ones, and they degrade in a matter of weeks.

If you really want a gas gun, the Tippmann M4 is absolutely amazing and tough as nails, although it is very pricy.

I doubt you truly saw one of the first 500 production models that were recently released.

It has some major operational issues. CO2 jet cool down means 30 shots per mag tops....not even close to the 80 claimed by the factory. HPA has cycling issues. It will not fire in FA mode, when set to FA. It fires in Bursts. However, if you turn down the ROF to ~8 rounds a second, it does fire in FA mode.

This is from 5 known samples all across the upper Midwest. Who knows...it may work better in warmer weather. But Tippmann messed up with some assumptions about CO2 and FA that they seem to have forgotten when they made this airsoft gun.

Be careful with Evike; they have hit and miss service at best. I got a rather large order from them with no problems with the return service and fast shipping, but I've heard a lot of negative reviews on them.

I would decide on a gun based on some experience you would get borrowing guns at different fields. I did the same thing as you, got equipment before getting experience and ended up changing a lot of what I carried the next time.