to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Hey everyone, I have a maybe a bit dumb-ish question, but im a curious person and every bit of information helps! I spent the last 3 hours removing a orange tip so that I could install a tracer unit. I wanted to know WTF is threading. So here are my questions.

Questions:

WTF is threading?

Does a 14mm Negative fit with a 14mm Positive?

Or does it fit a 14mm Negative?

If I have a 14mm Negative threaded barrel, does that mean that it can only use 14mm Negative or Positive?

The use of threading or threads is a mechanical method of attaching two parts by spiral lands and groves. They're measured in pitch (angle of the spirals), diameter, and orientation if they are clockwise (+) or counter clockwise (-). For airsoft the pitch is usually universal, but the important part is diameter and orientation. If your barrel is 14mm CCW aka 14 negative, you'll need a muzzle device that is the same.

• Upvote 1

The use of threading or threads is a mechanical method of attaching two parts by spiral lands and groves. They're measured in pitch (angle of the spirals), diameter, and orientation if they are clockwise (+) or counter clockwise (-). For airsoft the pitch is usually universal, but the important part is diameter and orientation. If your barrel is 14mm CCW aka 14 negative, you'll need a muzzle device that is the same.

OMG Thanks so much!!!

Guest alberty

Something that helps is to understand the different text used to describe the same direction. You may come across retailers or people using different text when describing one direction.

For example these are supposed to all be the same thing:

• 14mm counter-clockwise
  • 14mm anti-clockwise
  • 14mm CCW
  • 14mm negative
  • 14mm (-)

Then, this is the opposite direction, all supposed to be the same thing:

• 14mm clockwise
  • 14mm CW
  • 14mm positive
  • 14mm (+)
  • Upvote 1

Something that helps is to understand the different text used to describe the same direction. You may come across retailers or people using different text when describing one direction.

For example these are supposed to all be the same thing:

• 14mm counter-clockwise
  • 14mm anti-clockwise
  • 14mm CCW
  • 14mm negative
  • 14mm (-)

Then, this is the opposite direction, all supposed to be the same thing:

• 14mm clockwise
  • 14mm CW
  • 14mm positive
  • 14mm (+)

You are one of the most helpful people out there! You've replied to each and every single one of my posts! Thank you very much!

Guest alberty

You are one of the most helpful people out there! You've replied to each and every single one of my posts! Thank you very much!

Well, other users are replying to posts constantly. It takes a whole community of users and not just one or two people.

I just want a community where everyone can provide accurate information to each other or correct each other's mistakes so it benefits everyone.

Edited by alberty
  • Upvote 1