Hello Everyone, if you're like me and you like realism within airsoft, then you probably either have or want a GBB rifle or pistol. I own several GBB Pistols and one GBBR. I use green gas most of the time and used Propane once but just couldn't stay with it due to the smell. I guess some people get used to it so I'm thinking of going back, with an idea. Changing the smell of propane. How am I going to do that? By Aroma Oil. See, at first I thought of spraying some Febreeze, but two reasons that wouldn't work. First off, its gas. Second, it won't fit in the adapter. Thats why I'm thinking of using aroma oil to kill the smell. By placing Silicone and Aroma Oil within the adapter, I hope I would be able to act just like green gas, yet it smells good! I haven't tried this theory out yet and I'm planning on doing so soon, but I would like to hear feed back from everyone first. If you do not mind, please give a reason to your answer! Hopefully this helps! Thanks!

That's like putting a car freshener on a turd. The only way you'd be able to mask the odor is to have the other smell extremely overpowering, to which you'd be better off applying it near your nose instead of the gas. Plus it being an oil is bound to gunk up your internals anyway if you're to go over the recommended 1% max for silicone oil.

• Upvote 2

Just buy a propane that has low odor, Coleman is hardly smelly at all.

Plus, if you constantly oil your mags in thinking that is the proper way to maintain your GBB. You are seriously mistaken.

That's like putting a car freshener on a turd. The only way you'd be able to mask the odor is to have the other smell extremely overpowering, to which you'd be better off applying it near your nose instead of the gas. Plus it being an oil is bound to gunk up your internals anyway if you're to go over the recommended 1% max for silicone oil.

Now to think about it, you guys are right. Better just to deal with it.

there was a rumor that puff dino was actually going to make green gas that actually smelled like live ammo being fired......but not sure what became of it.

Or I am simply passing on an unfounded rumor that was told to me. So, if it exists/will exist that may be what you are after.

Hmm, after a bit of googling the only reference to it on the entire goolge internet was a post I did on here last year.....so I am thinking I am full of it.....or at least someone down the chain of the rumor mill was.

Hey Puff Dino! its a good idea, look into it!

Edited by Buzzkill42

Not sure what you're taking about. I live here in LA where airsoft is a big deal and lots of people play it. PuffDino is legally sold and I personally own three cans and get new ones constantly.

Getting it does not MEAN it is legal. Airsoft gases have been breaking regulations for decades. Don't assume all aspects of airsoft is "legal".

This can is pd_ggas_m.jpg ILLEGAL for transport of liquefied petroleum in the US.

It is not illegal in EU or Asia.

Only cans of this type are LEGAL in the us for liquefied petroleum.

GREENGAS.jpg

Gunpowder scented gas? That's not too far off from propane with its rotten egg smell. The sulfur in gunpowder aka black powder makes it smell kinda like a rotten egg. So unless you're using black powder replicas like I do a gunpowder-smelling modern gun will be highly unrealistic.

Hmm, the Coleman propane I use smells like really bad fart. I don't know about everyone else, but gunpowder (or smokeless powder?) and rotten egg smell way different for me.

Ah, I've always used the two interchangeably and so have those around me. Didn't think there was a difference in smell but then again, I've never smelt black powder before. My bad.

In that case, smokeless powder scented GG would be neat and conducive to realism.

When I worked at an indoor airsoft arena we had a no propane rule. The smell made it easy to enforce. The best excuse I heard from an adult was, "I am using green gas,................. we just went out to Mexican at the food court for lunch.........yeah thats what you are smelling ref"

Fail