I have been thinking about starting an airsoft paint job service. I have done plenty of paint jobs before, but only for myself. I was thinking about doing many designs and many colors. Snake skin camo, tiger stripe camo, regular camo, maybe even digital. I was wondering if any of you guys thought this would be a good idea and/or if you are interested.

I would probably have them ship their guns to me, I'll paint it (to their specifications), then I'll send it back. In the case that the gun returns damaged or doesn't return at all, I will have a liability waiver stating that any package lost in the mail is not my fault, blah blah blah, but if there is damage clearly caused by me I will attempt to reimburse them.

The pricing would probably be around $50-$100 per gun depending on the complexity, number of colors, and pattern wanted.

Sound like a good idea? Tell me in the comments if you see something wrong or something that would clearly not work. Thanks!

P.S. I'm new here, so if this isn't in the right category, go ahead and move it.

post-90459-0-81867900-1423417346_thumb.jpg

What kind of paints do you use? Be aware that there are quite a few members on here who do things like powder enamel coating in a similar price range, though I haven't seen anyone who does patterns.

I use anything from krylon to rustoleum to hand painting. I've heard of powder enamel coating, but frankly, it's beyond me. And yes, I can handle many patterns, such as the tiger striping in the picture, to snake skin, to regular woodland camo.

First, you need to provide more pictures and better quality pictures. I cant tell if that's tan or yellow.

Second, you need to be able to handle the pressure because if you messed up like getting paint in the gearbox, into the heatsink of the motor grip etc.

Third, you need examples of what you can do besides that one.

Your painting looks good, but you also need a time frame for the work, when I paint my guns first I take out the gearbox, hopup and motor in case of grease and paint getting into the gun and messing it up possibly, then I let degreaser dry for a day/day and a half depending on how motivated I am. Then I lay out my stencils,whenever I do stencils I take my time and make sure there are no missed areas or miss placed cut outs. Then I start to paint and let the paint dry for a day or two depending on the weather. Then I move onto the second coat then so forth. I usually do four coats for each color then 3 coats of matte clear coat. I'll post pictures when I get a chance.

First, you need to provide more pictures and better quality pictures. I cant tell if that's tan or yellow.

Second, you need to be able to handle the pressure because if you messed up like getting paint in the gearbox, into the heatsink of the motor grip etc.

Third, you need examples of what you can do besides that one.

Your painting looks good, but you also need a time frame for the work, when I paint my guns first I take out the gearbox, hopup and motor in case of grease and paint getting into the gun and messing it up possibly, then I let degreaser dry for a day/day and a half depending on how motivated I am. Then I lay out my stencils,whenever I do stencils I take my time and make sure there are no missed areas or miss placed cut outs. Then I start to paint and let the paint dry for a day or two depending on the weather. Then I move onto the second coat then so forth. I usually do four coats for each color then 3 coats of matte clear coat. I'll post pictures when I get a chance.

Thanks for the advice! And in the first picture, it's tan. Please post pictures, I'd love to learn more.

You should make a portfolio thing that you can send people to show the different paint jobs you've done, and can do.

It's much better when you can see the paint job done on someone's gun.

Also look at their prices and see if you can compare, I've seen people do multi cams for $200+ so if you can do them for $130+,- then you'll probably get the business.

You should also work on building up a reputation, most people will feel reluctant shipping a gun to someone who may or may not return the gun, buyer reviews help this.

Good Luck!!

Edited by MrGearbox