Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Spencer

Is it possible to replace the spring on a shotgun?

Hey everybody,

Is it possible to replace the spring on a shotgun? If so where can I find replacement springs? I am wanting to put a slightly stronger spring in an AGM M500 full stock shotgun (http://www.evike.com/products/28036/).

Also will the UTG M87 Hi-Cap mag (http://www.evike.com/products/25476/) fit into the AGM M500? The top part where the bbs feed into the gun looks the same, but I am not sure.

Thanks!

Christopher

On that one it is "possible", I think it is using a derivative of the CA870 fire system which has upgrade paths.

But, you need to know that upgrades on anything like this is destroying the "weapon" in rather short order. You are buying a low grade rebrand. Use it stock...it will last longer if you do.

Why do you want spring shot gun?

People with decent pistols will have the same range and higher ROF.

People with AEG's wil just destroy in full auto fire.

Now if you have a valid reason for needing a shotgun, I have suggestions...but I would need some details.

Everybody I play with use spring shotguns or spring pistols. I would prefer a spring shotgun over a gas pistol or gas shotgun because it will be a lot cheaper, and besides, I could get a good AEG for the price of a GBB pistol or shotgun. Also I want to use a hi-cap mag during gameplay vs having to reload small mags that only hold 15 rounds.

If you want a shotgun but use it as a sort of sniper rifle at extended ranges, get a G&P CA870.

If you want a shotgun that works like a shotgun for close to medium ranges, get a TM tri-shot or clone.

Trying to upgrade a $20 copy of a CA870 is just asking for $20 wasted.

With GBB mags or anything that uses detachable box mags for that matter, the idea is to have multiple spare mags at hand instead of reloading just the one mid-game. Also there are many handgun models that hold much more than just 15 rounds per magazine as well as extended mags usually holding 40 to 50 for GBBs while AEPs go up to 100.