to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Mylesgoldman

My theory of Aliens.

Okay so in philosophy I was asked about somthing I believe in and I said aliens. And I tried explaining this to my brother ( I swear hes a dumbass) He says it doesn't make sense so I'd like feedback from u guys.

What is something you believe without having it proven to yourself? Why do you believe it?

I believe in aliens, but not the technology advanced aliens that fly spaceships and have huge eyes. I believe aliens are more like from the movie Alien, a large insect like creature that lives on a whole different universe that we haven’t lived on yet. We always hear that there is life on mars but even though nothing has been seen but there is space around it, there is no end of space and according to Cornell university, everyday we discover new planets but they’re not part of our solar system. Think about it, why should earth only have life? Why not Venus, Mars, Saturn or Pluto and so forth? An alien can be a fish from Mars as there has been proof that there is liquid, not frozen water on Mars. What do all species have? Water. Or you could jump back to Hawking’s theory of black holes that white dwarfs, and neutron stars are sucked into the black hole and cannot escape. If you think about it, those neutron stars and white dwarfs that are stuck into the black hole can be forming almost a nuclear reactor and could form other life forms then after all the radiation from the stars form and eventually split after time then it can cause another big bang theory within the black hole and then release all of that fused radiation from the stars explode allover space then there could be aliens but the question is when?

Okay so in philosophy....

Please learn how to use a paragraph. That was a very difficult post to read.

The closest thing to an "alien" that we will ever likely see in our lifetime, maybe for thousands of years, will likely be a genetic-mutant.

Hopefully, it will be a Chimera....

....Please.

If we ever do find "aliens", they'll probably be either extremely xenophobic, and try to blow us away. Or be incredibly primitive. I highly doubt a happy medium, besides ourselves, exists out there in the eternity.

Edited by Dead Christmas

The closest thing to an "alien" that we will ever likely see in our lifetime, maybe for thousands of years, will likely be a genetic-mutant.

....Please.

If we ever do find "aliens", they'll probably be either extremely xenophobic, and try to blow us away. Or be incredibly primitive. I highly doubt a happy medium, besides ourselves, exists out there in the eternity.

Wouldn't mind a Cthulhu. Not an overlord type, but some kind of talking pet that followed you around. Like I'll be in CVS and he'll say in his destroyer of worlds voice "Swedish Fish are 35% off in Aisle 4." Also, about being Xenophodic, I'd say the human race probably has the best chance of being xenophobic. That or they (the aliens) would be like "We've noticed the troubles you have, and have developed a cure for hunger, HIV, and cancer", and we'd still be screaming our heads off about the latest episode of Keeping Up With The Kardashians.

Wouldn't mind a Cthulhu. Not an overlord type, but some kind of talking pet that followed you around. Like I'll be in CVS and he'll say in his destroyer of worlds voice "Swedish Fish are 35% off in Aisle 4." Also, about being Xenophodic, I'd say the human race probably has the best chance of being xenophobic. That or they (the aliens) would be like "We've noticed the troubles you have, and have developed a cure for hunger, HIV, and cancer", and we'd still be screaming our heads off about the latest episode of Keeping Up With The Kardashians.

Is that a television series?

it's difficult to tell.

Humans have only been transmitting signals and searching for a few decades despite that life has been around for over a billion years on this planet. Given the estimated age of the universe at almost 14 billion years, many civilizations could have developed and gone extinct over this timeline. This would be as if you had a camera and were trying to take a picture of a friend sneezing during the day but you only get to choose a single time frame lasting one second to get that shot and you are choosing that time seemingly at random, but on a much larger scale.

With programs like Kepler which are discovering that planets are much more common than originally thought and that many are in the habitable zone with the universe being nearly 14 billion years old as currently estimated, I believe that life, even intelligent life, as we currently understand in the context of life on earth has developed and gone extinct many many times over.

I feel like Secondwind is the only person who took this seriously, I'm not done with this theory obviously. But think of it as an atom bomb within the black hole. If a black hole can fill up, think of it as like a bag of microwavable popcorn, all the heat is forming objects (popcorn) but in this case the heat from the radiation is going to form and explosion within the blackhole and demolish it and what ever fragments if you will fly off into the galaxy will evolve. Sure I'm not saying in like 100 years this will happen but you know?

First off, black holes cannot be filled. They are only considered holes because they expressed the properties of a Hungry Hungry Hippo that took too many growth hormones when first discovered. They are, in fact, an unfathomably large amount of matter collapsing upon a relatively small point in space due to our good pal gravity. Gravitational collapse is when an object's internal pressure is not enough to resist it's own gravity. This occurs in stars when they run out of "fuel" left to maintain its temperature through stellar nucleosynthesis, causing it to collapse under its own weight. Like me after too many french fries.

Hungry Hungry Hippos: the frantic Galaxy swallowing game!

• Upvote 1

A black hole doesn't fill up but keeps getting bigger. According to Hawking's theory, if it doesn't have anything else to eat it just evaporates, slowly leaching off radiation (the only thing that can escape its hold). An explosion will not make its way out as not even light can escape it, that is, disregarding theories that the middle of it is actually a wormhole of sorts and transports you into another spacetime.

As for sending particles out for life to possibly come from, that's from stars going super nova, regurgitating a whole lot of seed material in all directions. If enough of that material clumps together into a gas cloud and is compressed by something (like from a nearby supernova) it can form into a new star.

There's plenty of life out there. It's just that they're either as dumb as us to not make the distance or smarter than us not to care. As it stands, we don't even have a means to leave our own solar system so worrying about it is rather pointless.

I've said this before, but 1) we should focus on knowledge that is actionable, and 2) sometimes, belief is not an absolute, but rather a tool like any other.

If you want to think about aliens, consider the amount of time between when a typical or average civilization develops the ability to destroy itself, ie. with nuclear weapons, and when it develops the ability to survive or overcome that destruction, or even meet other civilizations, ie. by traveling to different stars or by colonizing different worlds. If we assume that the laws of physics are the same throughout the universe, that the same basic elements, the same chemistry, etc. that works here also works there, then knowing or at least being able to estimate this amount of time would help us to determine if we ever have a chance (and how much of a chance) of meeting up with, or finding, any kind of alien civilization. Because we know it's far easier to develop a means to destroy civilization than to develop a means to traverse the stars.

And black holes, if I recall from astronomy, the problem with black holes growing forever was rotational inertia.

If you want to talk about things you believe in but can't prove, I believe in heaven () but this is not the western usage of the term. But if you are Christian, it's the same basic concept, in the christian's case, god cannot be understood except through Jesus. In my religion, heaven cannot be understood by men, period. Trying to do so can be an exercise in futility. But that doesn't mean it doesn't influence people or the world as a whole.

Edited by Shutaro

....Please.

I feel that if we manage to come into contact with ANY extraterrestrial lifeforms, it'll require microscopes and quarantine protocols to even get near them without diseasing them from our own planet's microbes.

As old as the universe is estimated to be, stars took billions of years to develop. Those stars were in an early eons of the universe that hadn't formed all the currently known matter on the Periodic Table. When the first-gen stars supernova'd, some resulted in second-gen stars (like our own) but the supernova also had created new matter that would for some of these new stars create something new: planets. Our own Earth formed from the same mass of supernova 'dust' that created our sun first, forming new matter to fill the still short list of atomic elements later. If anything, I'd say it's safer to estimate any intelligent extraterrestrials out there are probably only a century or two ahead or behind us technologically. The collapse of the Wester Roman Empire and the onset of Feudalism through the Roman Catholic Church stymied scientific progress and kept literacy to a minimum for centuries in Europe. Imagine if the printing press didn't get created until another century later than it originally did? Or if Western Rome collapsed much EARLIER. Alternate history theories can go in so many different pathways. All it takes is a tyrant oppressing just a bit more so than usual and you could have a revolt or a longer-lasting peasantry. A pandemic like the Black Plague on another planet could wipe out scores of nation-states and leave you with a highly bottle-necked gene-pool that could result in too many bad mutations being introduced from incestuous breeding that leaves you with a far less intelligent society for a longer time. That's why I don't buy into the idea of races of alien beings actually being technologically advanced. I'd say at best they're probably in diesel-age technology and at worst still living like small colonies pf Paleolithic people with no advanced culture or innovation having occured yet still.

Dmitri, don't forget about a far more probable scenario, that our the first "alien" we meet will be something originally created by humans.

Whether "artificial" life and intelligence, animals with enhanced intelligence, or whatever.

In the scheme of things, it seems like this is far more likely than us meeting some form of intelligent life that evolved on its own.

Myles when you say "I believe aliens are more like from the movie Alien, a large insect like creature that lives on a whole different universe that we haven’t lived on yet.", I have to ask,

have you watched the Cyanosphere Chronicles about a botched "first contact" told from the alien's perspective? I know the author is mostly known for his spacecraft designs, but I think the more psychological themes of how, and why, humans chose to explore the stars, as well as the advanced alien society trying to deal with the conflicts and problems in their own system might be of interest.

I know the alien writing system can be difficult to comprehend, but there is also a version in Russian

or Japanese available.

The original video:

For reference the alien system of time has no concept of days, weeks, or months. It's based on a unit of time similar to hours. And they also have the concept of "year", or the orbital period of their main planet around its star. So, you'll see times expressed in terms like "on the XXXXX hour of the YYYY year after the unification."

Also the aliens are far more advanced than humans, especially when it comes to automation technology, spacecraft, and high-power weaponry. But the humans have advanced somewhat too, to the point where space exploration is conducted by autonomous androids, as they are far more suited to space travel than actual humans. So in essence it is not a story of first contact between people and aliens, but more between aliens that were built by humans, and aliens in the truer sense of the word. And, the humans are probably more advanced socially and philosophically, while the aliens have some smarter individuals among them, they also have no shortage of bumblers and fools. Also, despite being capable of interstellar travel, the aliens have also not had a first contact with another race (prior to the start of the videos).

Edited by Shutaro

If there are aliens out there, it's probably in their best interest just to stay far away from us. We can't even handle our own species without trying to kill each other over things that we ourselves have created.

Can you imagine if we throw another species in the mix?

To paraphrase Calvin,

"Sometimes I think the surest sign of intelligent life is that no one has tried to contact us yet".

• Upvote 1

Btw, Pluto is no longer a planet. And I'm sorry to say, you're brother maybe the brains of the family...

I have a friend who believes in aliens, his reasonings are that's why we have such quick technological advancements by a select few. He believes aliens live among us to help advance our society and are apart of every great advancement to the human race.

Believe what you want, but just make sure it doesn't derive from sci fi movies, aliens, enders game etc.

If there are aliens out there, it's probably in their best interest just to stay far away from us. We can't even handle our own species without trying to kill each other over things that we ourselves have created.

Can you imagine if we throw another species in the mix?

The problem is this is purposeful thought and most of the things that happen in life are 'by accident'. I mean no one is perfect, "accidents happen", etc. Think back to things like how you met your best friends or something like that. Did you wake up in the morning and say "Okay, today I'm going to make a new best friend?" I'm sure there's some people out there who did this, but for most of us, it probably just happened.

Even an alien civilization that had believed that humans should be avoided, sooner or later, one of these chaotic accidents would happen.

The problem is this is purposeful thought and most of the things that happen in life are 'by accident'. I mean no one is perfect, "accidents happen", etc. Think back to things like how you met your best friends or something like that. Did you wake up in the morning and say "Okay, today I'm going to make a new best friend?" I'm sure there's some people out there who did this, but for most of us, it probably just happened.

Even an alien civilization that had believed that humans should be avoided, sooner or later, one of these chaotic accidents would happen.

Yeah you're right. I mean still. They probably would be better off leaving us alone. Accident or not.

Honestly I remember reading and someone asked why they don't communicate with us. His comparison made a lot of sense.

You can communicate with ants by buying different chemicals. Tell them where food is, that your their friend, But you don't because you can't tell them about the newest Airsoft gun or what your read on Airsoft mechanics.

We're like ants when compared to aliens. They could be so far aged of us that we're just ants, no point in really taking the time to communicate. And every once and a while they end up in contact with us, like say when you drop some food in an ant hill and they swarm it.

Anyway it's just a theory.

I don't think "intelligence" has much to do with it as much as these other traits would. I honestly think if we found aliens, their level of intelligence would be about the same as ours. Their knowledge of the universe and their scientific achievement may be greater, sure.

People on the other hand have adventurism, we're willing to take risks for gain or even just for the thrill of it. I think an advanced alien race would be very conservative and very paranoid by human standards. And the only ones among such a race that would want to contact outsiders would be: outsiders themelves, or exemplary individuals (among their own race), or abnormal among their own (akin to the way humans think of the mentally ill).