Buyers warning beware (thanks auto correct)

As of today I will never buy from evike again.

After recieving numerous lemons from them and aweful customer service I'm just fed up with them.

It all started when I bought a kwa rm4 from them. I got it quickly and was eager to shoot it. I pulled out a fresh battery and went to test it. I pulled trigger and nothing... So I called them and they told me to send it back and they'll fix it for free. After no answers I got my gun a MONTH later. The gun was horribly scratched, the magpul handguard was cracked and many parts were missing. I called them again and told them about it. They told me to ship it back and they'll replace it. About 2 weeks later they told me that my gun was not under warranty because I had tampered and damaged the gun. Well of coarse it's going to be tampered with because their f****** crappy techs didnt know what they were doing. I had to pay for the shipping and now I had a scratched up broken gun.

It didn't stop there.

Later on my b-day my friend got me a jg high torque from them. I eagerly poped it in my gun and went to test it. I have never seen a motor spark so much, It was unbelievable. We called them and they claimed that it wasn't under warranty because it was put inside the gearbox and it's now used.

A similar situation happened, when I (stupidly) bought another thing from them, a lonex a1 motor. This thing also sparked a ton and using the forum we decided that it was from a bad batch, I tried the aluminum foil thing but it didn't work. I called them and explained how the motor they sold me was horribly inefficient and was very low quality. They accepted the Rma and told me they had shipped the Rma. 2 months later and I have no response, no Rma tag, and they don't answer emails or my calls.

From now on I'm going to buy from smaller companies that deserve the money like brill armory and airsoft Atlanta, which are two companies where I've had lemons and they've gladly returned them, and replaced them. In one instance I missed a game because of a lemon SHS gearset from airsoft Atlanta and they replaced the part and gave me and extra $30 worth of store credit.

So for people buying in the future beware of companies like evike and good luck.

Please comment on if your instances with evike have been good or bad!

Edited by MrGearbox
  • Upvote 1

I ordered multiple REAPS A+ buckings for KWA pistols in an order & they sent me the buckings for M4/SMG instead. Fair enough, they aren't very well marked on the packaging & I won't castrate evike for a simple mistake. But it took an email, then online RMA request, more email(& pics sent off to show they they did send wrong parts) & finally a phone call just to get the RMA sticker emailed to me over a week later.

Once I got the RMA sticker the exchange went like butter, but it shouldn't take that much work on my part to clear their mistake.

The only reason I've ordered from Evike is because they had the ModelWorks M40a3 stock in stock for a great price. (Cheaper than what I would have paid overseas, and without the overseas shipping). You better believe I was extremely hesitant about ordering from them, given your situation, and MANY others very similar to this. It is pretty well known that they are not a quality company to order from.

It's funny because although they have had many situations like this they still remain one of the biggest retailers.

I just bought a g&g combat machine from airsoft Atlanta and because I'm low on cash I told them that. They gave me 2 FREE bags of .28g GOLDENBALL bbs, and 1 day shipping for free. Good luck getting evike to do that, I'm willing to pay more for better customer service, as long I I know I'll get a refund if it doesn't work.

Edited by MrGearbox

Funny, I've never had problems with Evike and they've always been plenty generous towards me. I've actually had way more problems with ASGI (every single time I've ordered from them) than any other retailer including overseas ones.

Seems like people end up having problems with either one of these large companies...

Guest alberty

Seems like people end up having problems with either one of these large companies...

I think part of the number of bad reports is also due to large volume of sales. It's easy to notice the amount of negative experiences but a lot of people with a satisfactory/OK experience don't generally go online and create a post for it as much as someone with a bad experience.

I think part of the number of bad reports is also due to large volume of sales. It's easy to notice the amount of negative experiences but a lot of people with a satisfactory/OK experience don't generally go online and create a post for it as much as someone with a bad experience.

That's true but it depends.

It could be also that due to the large volume of sales, the company can't keep up with the customers that have issues, therefore bad customer service.

KWA does a real good job with customer service, and they are a very big company. It's part of the reason why I bought my RM4 in the first place.

Although the Evike techs screwed up my gun, I showed them my Rma, asked me to send my gun to them, and sent me back a new one.

Edited by MrGearbox

Guest alberty

That's true but it depends.

It could be also that due to the large volume of sales, the company can't keep up with the customers that have issues, therefore bad customer service.

KWA does a real good job with customer service, and they are a very big company. It's part of the reason why I bought my RM4 in the first place.

Although the Evike techs screwed up my gun, I showed them my Rma, asked me to send my gun to them, and sent me back a new one.

I have also heard bad experirences with KWA's customer support. It can go either way...

I can understand hiccups along the way but ASGI's customer service was extremely rude on multiple occasions. Some examples,

1. Web store says gears in stock but they weren't, so I ask for a refund and they refuse instead offering store credit. Had to wait three months due to their backorder.

2. Sent me the wrong stock then insisted that it was my fault, and that I pay return shipping and stocking fees.

3. Sent me a broken c-mag and had to end up paying for another one to get it in time because they refused to send out a replacement until they got the broken one first. Actually had to speak with a manager so he would at least next day air it for the screw up, but not before the first customer service guy point blank refused to let me talk to him and started yelling at me.

I'm sure other have had great ones and had very helpful employees. It feels like I got handed all the lemons.

That is why you never have a major retailer fix anything, nor ever upgrade an airsoft gun for that matter.

My experience with Evike has been quite good, having placed many orders there.

I have only placed one order there in the last two years, so who knows now.

I vouch for Airsoft Atlanta.

There prices are a bit high, but I never have worries about doing business with them.

I also usually get my shipments the next day for I am on the east coast, just a few hours away.

This is helpful when in need of a part or some ammo for an airsoft game the coming weekend.

That is why you never have a major retailer fix anything, nor ever upgrade an airsoft gun for that matter.

My experience with Evike has been quite good, having placed many orders there.

I have only placed one order there in the last two years, so who knows now.

I vouch for Airsoft Atlanta.

There prices are a bit high, but I never have worries about doing business with them.

Sometimes they have crazy deals. I got a laylax brand new zero trigger for $50 and it happened to be on sale. My friend also got one for $50.