to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
MP5User

King Arms Gearbox, G&P Receivers, will it work?

Guest alberty

As I am prepared for fitting. I was just wondering to make sure there wasn't some massive difference I was overlooking. The GB from the KA is from a functional bolt catch model, but the gearbox still looks to be standard V2.

I think KA does their bolt-catch function like VFC does with the extended bolt paddle arm and a thing on the side of the edge of the receiver. Do you have the KA gearbox that you can visually verify this? If you skip out on the bolt-catch related pieces, the shell itself is probably standard like G&P is.

I see no reason why they shouldn't. They are both fully TM compatible. However like anything in airsoft, test and fitting may be required

While G&P makes great products, I've run into somewhat concerning problems with the quality/compatibility of some of their parts. Namely my most recent piston-sector meshing issue.

In addition, a QD ergo grip I purchased from them fit slightly canted on my ris. I may have gotten a lemon, although there seemed to have been unshaven metal bits on the qd lever itself along with other parts.

I'd keep an eye on them just in case :P

Edited by Myriadx

alberty, I currently own the KA complete gun/gearbox. I'm unaware of VFC's design, but the KA bolt catch is pinned into the receiver, with an arm that runs under the shell to a spring loaded latch on the other side that engages the lock with the mock bolt. From what I can tell, the shell appears standard V2.

Considering all externals would be G&P (monolithic upper, lower, barrel, gas tube/etc), I'm not concerned about their compatibility since they were manufactured together, their tolerances with other external parts should be fine. It's the gearbox fitment. I'll be using an aftermarket (Madbull) motor grip, so no G&P there either.

While G&P makes great products, I've run into somewhat concerning problems with the quality/compatibility of some of their parts. Namely my most recent piston-sector meshing issue.

In addition, a QD ergo grip I purchased from them fit slightly canted on my ris. I may have gotten a lemon, although there seemed to have been unshaven metal bits on the qd lever itself along with other parts.

I'd keep an eye on them just in case :P

You should never assume that parts from all makers would play together nicely.

This applies for internals too. Never assume in airsoft that all things are made to the exact "same" spec.