xXAfterBiteXx

Custom AEG stocks - picture and discussion

Hi all, I've been thinking about making a custom stock and lower receiver for my CQB M4 for a while now. I'm going to be running it on MP5 magazines with a P90 style stock because I'm tired of seeing everyone with the same gun, I'd like to mix it up a little. I have a 3d printer and a workshop so I'll be mixing 3D printed, metal and wooden components.

Hopefully it'll turn out well if I have the time to make it...

So my question is, have any of you made your own unique AEG stocks and if so, what do they look like and how are they constructed?

I don't think most people care for custom aeg stock for the sake of being special

however, I think people will like a stock thats more utilitarian than stocks that emulate real steel stocks. for example, I would love to see a stock that has space for a mosfet like the chimera and a HUGE battery compartment for a 14.8v brick lipo.

I did it before, actually I made a rail system too, but I did mine a little bit differently. Using my 3d printer, I made a smaller version that I used as a mold. Then I crated each half out of a fiver glass kit and the fused them together. It works great and people say it looks "futuristic" but that's probably because I dipped it in a carbon fiber coating (mydipkit).if you do it right it wields cool results.

If you can figure out Blender 3D, shapeways can 3D print parts for you for pretty cheap.

Sorry for the late response, I've not checked my notifications in a while. I've recently upgraded my reprap to a 0.3mm nozzle and I have a few other upgrades planned (which involves me stripping off all the electronics and replacing it).

I am good with both Blender and Autodesk Inventor. I use blender a lot for game design and concepts and I've been using it for about 6 years now haha As for Inventor, it's a very easy to learn package and I use it for all my 3D printing needs. It's the best program out there for my needs :)

I can print the parts myself, I can just split the models into pieces and piece them together with pins and adhesive then sand them to give a good finish

You might want to start getting familiar with solid works.

It's what I use for all items that involve CNC machining and being that your into airsoft you will want to be able to machine your own parts. It may be easier to work with when creating your 3d models because I love the ability to look at stress points. I used that when I was making lower recievers and upper recievers so I could build up on the very weak parts then 3d print them.

It's the best feeling though when you get your CNC part and drop it in your airsoft gun and it preforms better than the other part.

In my case it was everything inside the gearbox and outside the gearbox lol.

Hi all, I've been thinking about making a custom stock and lower receiver for my CQB M4 for a while now. I'm going to be running it on MP5 magazines with a P90 style stock because I'm tired of seeing everyone with the same gun, I'd like to mix it up a little. I have a 3d printer and a workshop so I'll be mixing 3D printed, metal and wooden components.

Hopefully it'll turn out well if I have the time to make it...

So my question is, have any of you made your own unique AEG stocks and if so, what do they look like and how are they constructed?

I can help you with this.... I am a pro 3d modeller and a descent mechanic designer