Sign in to follow this  
Twaynester

BAD GoldenBall bbs

Hey guys! So this is my first time posting anything, so just bear with me. The main reason I am posting this thread is because, as the title suggest, I have really crappy GoldenBall bbs. Just to specify, the bbs in question are black 0.2 proslick bbs as well as white 0.23 biodegradable bbs. The regular 0.2s don't even feed, but the 0.23 bios do. However, both bbs have clear seams and they break in half or shatter when I hit them with a hammer (I got this method of testing from Airsoft Megastore) as apposed to some Biodegradable GoldenBalls I got from AMS several years back, which squashed more than anything instead of shattering. At this point, I am trying to find out if anyone else has had this same issue. I thought GoldenBalls were good bbs and I and some of my friends have used them for years without issues...so is it time to move to a new brand? It isn't quality control as the bbs are obviously simply manufactured poorly. Just trying to figure out if I am the only one that this has happened to. Also, if I should move to a different brand, what are some suggestions? I would like cheap (at least under $20) but still quality bbs.

Thanks!

Sadly, GB is a China brand bb and thus it is subjected to batch process that sometimes gets missed.

GB was never a "good" bb in my book. Just middle of the road China bb, which isn't a bad thing. But, the price point at which it sells and the occasional batch issues (this is not the first and it happens quite frequently on a yearly basis) makes it a "seasonal" brand.

Just toss what you have, let your source flush the bad batches and rebuy when the new batch comes out.

Or just step up to a Taiwan brand by paying a little extra and never have to worry about bb quality, most of the time.

• Upvote 1

Ok thanks that helps a lot. If that is the case, do you have a brand that you use religiously? Looking at other bb brands, elite force has caught my eye, but price wise, TSD bbs are more appealing. Obviously, price isn't everything, so would you endorse either of these or go with something like King Arms, Bioval, G&G or some brand I haven't heard of?

Azimuth is my personal brand, I know the owner.

EF has the same issue as well as TSD. Both rebranders of the cheapest bbs on the market. EF recent had a bad batch last fall...it was so bad they had to make a video to refute how bad they were.

You can get them from HK dealers if you buy something from overseas.

I can sell you a bag or 10 of the Azimuth from my private stock if you want to try some...but if your not going to fund the habit of the good stuff...I would not buy it. I have .20, .25 and .28g

As for BIOVALs...no. They do not own any production facilities of their own, so they are at the mercy of the OEM's.

In Airsoft...you get what you pay for...there has never been a "Cheap" consistently High Grade bb ever made. Pick a sub 12.00 brand and I will point out a time in their history where they had issues.

Heck, even G&G had issues due to a slip in QC way back when...but their QC standards are high and they have good bbs...and that is why their Price point is 15.00.

Edited by Guges Mk3

Ok well I looked, and as much as I would like, I really can't afford azimuth. I think I will stick with G&G. None of my guns are worth more than $300 and I don't play much, so paying $14 for a 1000 rounds just doesn't make sense. G&G will get the job done, but not break the bank. Thanks for all the advice!