spitfiresim

So I picked up a lot of guns to refurbish and every freaking one of them is wired to deans...

So first what on earth, is there logic behind such a decision!? I can't find any decent deans batteries that have an acceptable 1500mah or higher that will fit in my AK battery compartment (up top). So are there any advantages to having deans over tymina? Should I re-wire them to tymina or leave it at deans and pay $25 for my "special deans" batteries? Also where do I find good deans batteries? Any recommended stick, butterfly, and mini type batteries wired to deans? I will need all three types for these. I do have a few deans to tymina connectors but they don't work on my two AKs.

So first what on earth, is there logic behind such a decision!? I can't find any decent deans batteries that have an acceptable 1500mah or higher that will fit in my AK battery compartment (up top). So are there any advantages to having deans over tymina? Should I re-wire them to tymina or leave it at deans and pay $25 for my "special deans" batteries? Also where do I find good deans batteries? Any recommended stick, butterfly, and mini type batteries wired to deans? I will need all three types for these. I do have a few deans to tymina connectors but they don't work on my two AKs.

Maybe that's why the guns need to be refurbished :P

Generally deans connectors have lower electrical resistance than tamiya. If you are just looking to get the guns working again it would probably be cheaper to just wire your guns to tamiya, instead of paying extra for batteries wired to deans. Or you can re-wire your batteries to deans.

What the hell is a tymina?!?

edit: LOL! If you meant Tamiya, the answer to that is

IronStand.jpg

Also, we're living in the space age nowadays if you didn't know. Ditch those dinosaur Tamiyas which are a product of the 80s and move on to better things as all other electronic hobbies have like Deans which were made in the... 90s.

Seriously though, if you really want good connectors get a 10pc pack of XT60s on Ebay. They only cost like $15.

Edited by renegadecow

And you will never fins a "stick" that is larger than 1600mah to fit inside an AK.

Unless your a physical chemist and can invent a "new" battery...

Yeah that's right a 1600mah exists...and has for over 7 years.

Edited by Guges Mk3

Guest alberty

You don't need to buy "special Deans batteries", and Deans connectors are generally considered an upgrade for an AEG anyways.

Use a soldering iron and you can convert a battery with Tamiya type connector to matching Deans connector. If you're refurbishing AEGs, this will cost minimal (buy Deans connectors in bulk, get some solder and shrink tubing...).

And you will never fins a "stick" that is larger than 1600mah to fit inside an AK.

Unless your a physical chemist and can invent a "new" battery...

Yeah that's right a 1600mah exists...and has for over 7 years.

Yeah, I have 1600mah batteries wired to tymina but cant find them wired to deans. I will just re-wire a few batteries to deans.

You don't need to buy "special Deans batteries", and Deans connectors are generally considered an upgrade for an AEG anyways.

Use a soldering iron and you can convert a battery with Tamiya type connector to matching Deans connector. If you're refurbishing AEGs, this will cost minimal (buy Deans connectors in bulk, get some solder and shrink tubing...).

Ok, sounds good. I'll get a few more batteries and wire tome to deans.

What I do when I rewire guns for Deans is take the old tamiya with a little extra lead and solder a deans onto that: effectively making adapters if I ever sell the gun or if someone needs one.

http://eliteairsoftbatteries.com/ You can buy them already wired to Deans. Dean's are a good idea for the following reasons: 1) standardization between all your batteries and connectors, 2) Dean's aremuch more durable than Tamiya, 3) slight increase in ROF due to less resistance.

Honestly I think you should just get a really really really long power supply the runs off of A/C. If you put enough work and modification you would never have to worry about connectors again!

Also if you actually manage to do it you could get some insane rof with that much power. And it's all practically free, the field pays for it.

I mean yeah the wire may be a hastle sometimes but if it's long enough it might not be that bad.

(Jk)

Because Deans connectors have more surface area in contact and therefore lower resistance.

Deans: 0.55 Ohms.

Tamiya: 1.20 Ohms.

^^someone measured these ~10 years ago. I don't know how valid is it nowadays, but let's just go with these for now.

According to this data, Deans is slightly more than twice as efficient as Tamiya.

So you would get twice as much juice per same battery (well, at least in theory) because of one simple connection change.