to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Chronek

Upgrading spring sniper

I have a spring Mauser sr airsoft gun that shoots about 570 Fps with a .12 gram bb. I shoot a .32 gram Milsim max bb. I had to purchase a new all metal trigger box assembly. Looking to improve accuracy and range. What are some upgrades and I purchase to do so.

The box is pictured in attachment for identification.

Laylax and pdi are going to be what your shooting for, I would stay away from angel custom. While they are cheap, they tend to not work very well.

-Er hop or r hop your barrel

-A better barrel, I like pdi barrels if your going with tighbore, but I tend to use widebores. Orga barrels are good.

-Laylax or pdi piston to improve compression (get em from Airsoft atlanta)

-DIY upgrades. Look them up, they are all over forms etc

A zero trigger will be needed in the future if you want to take your rifle to the top. Start saving because they're expensive.

Good Luck!

Guest alberty

What inner barrel length do I need? I've been looking online, but don't know what my gun's barrel length is.

If you are interested in upgrading your gun internally, I recommend you do some research online about your product. If you are not sure how to find the inner barrel length by yourself, I am not sure if you are yet ready to start looking into parts purchases and such. Look up disassembly guides for your model to start and basic specs.

• Downvote 1

Guest alberty

Thanks! I've been trying to find disassembles and specs online, but have found nothing.

Where have you been searching?

With the name "Mauser SR", I was able to identify the OEM of that model, and disassembly guides for that platform online.

Guest alberty

Yes it is the gun I have, I found the specs for it.

Alberty, isn't this supposed to be helpful rather than accusatory?

I'm trying to help you by letting you know I found relevant technical information for that model online. In your previous post, you said you looked online and could not find any technical specs or disassembly information online.

I am trying to help identify with you, where are you searching online for information and what part is giving you trouble with finding search results? If we can help you find out where to look, then this will help you in doing upgrades soon.

Thanks! I've been trying to find disassembles and specs online, but have found nothing.

Here, on Google I was able to find helpful complete Mauser SR type disassembly videos from 808kameleon immediately. I also found helpful picture guides and copies of manufacturer's manuals online. Here is a sample screenshot of useful search results:

8irGvnk.png

Edited by alberty

Guest alberty

I wonder if it uses standard l96 parts... That would make upgrading this a breeze. Most snipers come apart the same, so I'm guessing it will be similar to standard L96 guns.

There is no "standard L96". The most commonly cloned was the Maruzen Type 96, which is probably what you are referring to, and the answer is yes, the "Mauser SR" is a rebranded Well L96 of the Maruzen Type 96 platform.

Other L96 variants include:

- Tokyo Marui spring-powered L96

- G&G gas-powered L96

- Well gas-powered L96

- Well spring-powered L96 (clone of Tokyo Marui)

- Double Eagle spring-powered L96 (proprietary, cheap)

- AGM spring-powered L96 (proprietary, cheap, loosely-based on VSR platform)

Well we both know that agm and double eagle mean cheap and broken.

In the future you will hear me refer to standard parts and I mean the TM version. I consider the standard to be TM u less it's a gas gun or some other platform (I.E: standard m249 would be CA due to them creating the f.1 generation).

Needle nose pliars are fine. I have one that I got from a shop in Taiwan when My friend won this G&G trip, I went along with my own money. Really depends. I know that each member of the Airsoft atlanta staff has one (I got a bunch of different Airsoft tools while there. Very very helpful stuff not sold in the states).

Airsoft Atlanta is the place to buy from when it comes to BASR's they tend to have good deals. It's how I got my

Vsr-10 zero trigger for $55 and a bunch of laylax parts for cheap.