Sign in to follow this  
SavagetheWolfy

Threaded tip/Silencer help?

I have a Socom Gear 1911 MEU Limited Edition and it came with a threaded tip along with a silencer. However I've always had trouble with the silencer, when I look at pictures or videos of it, the silencer is always aligned so the markings are facing the right side and they are right side up.

However, when I put my silencer on, it only tightens to the point where the writing is on the left side and slightly upwards from where it should be.

Also, I have an issue where it doesn't seem to tighten well, if I get the silencer all the way, it becomes slightly tight however any more force to tighten it, the threaded tip itself will start to unscrew from the gun itself and vice versa.

Is this normal? What issue could this be and how can I fix it? The threads on all places look fine and not damaged.

The markings are never indexed on simple suppressors and shouldn't really be a concern unless you have OCD. The threads on the adapter turn because you're torquing the suppressor beyond what's holding the adapter and that they're in the same orientation. To keep that from happening you'll need to put the adapter on the barrel separately with a whole lot more torque (not advisable due to soft alloys used by Socom Gear/WE) or apply threadlock. To index the suppressor (this is really more the case if you're getting baffle strikes, not in aligning trademarks) you'll need to add material at the back face of the suppressor like washers cut from an aluminum can to shim it. That or get a suppressor that has an indexing feature like an Osprey.

The markings are never indexed on simple suppressors and shouldn't really be a concern unless you have OCD. The threads on the adapter turn because you're torquing the suppressor beyond what's holding the adapter and that they're in the same orientation. To keep that from happening you'll need to put the adapter on the barrel separately with a whole lot more torque (not advisable due to soft alloys used by Socom Gear/WE) or apply threadlock. To index the suppressor (this is really more the case if you're getting baffle strikes, not in aligning trademarks) you'll need to add material at the back face of the suppressor like washers cut from an aluminum can to shim it. That or get a suppressor that has an indexing feature like an Osprey.

Alright, I was just curious. Thanks a lot for the help.