Sign in to follow this  
Paracelsus

Unsolvable BB jam in AK

The AK is a cyma 42b, direct copy of the Marui AK.

The gearbox is a ver. 3 gearbox, but it comes from an mp5. I thought that this was the initial problem, but it doesn't seem to be.

The gearbox fits perfectly, the internals are all AK internals. The air seal nozzle is an aluminum one made by hornbill, from rsov.com. I used it extensively, I have it in another AK as well and it has always worked fine, it never had any bbs jam.

The hop up chamber is the one the gun came with, the inner barrel is a guarder 6.02 one and the hop up rubber and spacer are standard guarder soft silicone ones.

My problem is that the gun shoots perfectly fine until one bb jams in the hop up rubber and doesn't want to budge. I thought it was the hop up rubber, but it never gave me any problems until now. The spring is > 120 m/s and this rubber worked perfectly fine with a spring under 110 m/s, so it's not that the spring is too soft.

The bbs are JBU 0.25g.

Until now I thought that:

-The air seal nozzle wasn't doing its job (still possible)

-The gearbox was not aligned with the hop up chamber, but it seems to be

-The hop up rubber was too hard, but I used 2 other soft rubbers and got the same result

-The bbs are crap and the inner barrel is too tight

Finally, I have no idea why it shoots perfectly fine until a bb clogs the barrel. When I look where the jam is, I can still see the bb in the hop up rubber lips.

What could be the problem?

Look up into the pickup tube. You shouldn't be able to see bucking lip protruding over the pickup tube. If you do, it's possible the BB's are catching on the overhang and getting jammed. Once it starts, the bucking might be out of shape and continue to do so.

Look up into the pickup tube. You shouldn't be able to see bucking lip protruding over the pickup tube. If you do, it's possible the BB's are catching on the overhang and getting jammed. Once it starts, the bucking might be out of shape and continue to do so.

Do you mean loading nozzle?