FruityMcMuffinPants

Looking for a good GBB pistol

Just like the false theory that voluming is not important that so many Facebook airsofter's believe.

As for C02 you actually should oil your mags because c02 is a very dry gas. On my elite force 1911 I've done this and it has performed well for many many years. In addition to this I have rebuilt the trigger system and housing after every 5,000 shots. This has increased the longevity by properly cleaning and relubing sears in the trigger.

CO2 is suppose to be a DRY gas. You don't want any impurities being pressed through a device at 800PSI (and as a matter of fact, I am at a CO2 factory conference room as I write this) CO2 is also a mild "corrosive" in the liquid state. So with that you should definitely NOT oil a CO2 mag...it will still blow oil in spots you don't want it and it will not put oil where you do need it. In other words...you should not oil a CO2 magazine either.

Is this "rebuilt" EF pistol the same one that has been rock solid with no issues for the tens of thousands of rounds?

As for KWC CO2 mags...they are designed for HP use and their seals are "hard" and do not "need" oil.

Edited by Guges Mk3

Maybe in some industrial applications, but as far as airsoft and airguns go, even replica manufacturers have stipulations for the use of these:

http://www.military-outdoor.co.uk/products/walther-12g-co2-maintenance-capsules

Nylon seals for CO2 generally do not need any form of oil, but many are also o-ring based which can crack or shrink when left dry for so long leading to a leak.

Release valve has rings. And it is a High grade ring. If it was/is a low durometer Urethane...CO2 and OIL = Injected seals => Leaks. So it is most likely Buna-N or Viton.

The CO2 cup seal is most likely Poly-Urethane

Edited by Guges Mk3

Explain to me my friends mags that all have cracked seals and he religiously doesn't lube his mag but lubes everything else in his gun.

Yet my 4 year old mag still runs strong without any issues and I lube my mags every once and a while.

Because nitrile o-rings need lubrication especially in pressurized applications where they become porous.

The trick is knowing where, how much, and what kind of lube should be applied for maintenance. The problem lies in the extremes: leaving things bone dry or applying oil like it was a cure for cancer.