Grey_M62

Starting sniper rifle recommendations?

Hello,

I'm looking for a good sniper rifle to get for game use. Here's what I'd like:

-Black/OD

-Comes with scope (and bipod, if possible)

-Mid/High cap magazine

-High FPS

-Spring powered (reliability)

-Average/Good quality materials and construction

-under $200 (if possible)

I may consider raising my budget if the gun has everything else.

Thanks,

Grey

Like everyone else with an AEG you are shooting the 6mm ball.

And like everyone else the range is about the same. Unlike everyone else, you will be destroyed by another player with an AEG, because they can throw 50 bbs at you when you can only shoot 1.

What I am saying is that a STOCK Sniper Rifles is nothing more than a Bolt Action Rifle and your playing against guys with Automatics.

So with that...I would truly think about your wants before you get a BASR.

Guest alberty

If you are absolutely set on buying one, a good budget start is the JG BAR-10 as it uses VSR-10 style parts.

If you are just interested in trying something different, I would agree with Guges Mk3 in suggesting that you just borrow one before you totally committ the money to it.

Either that, or if none of your friends use a BASR, you can just try out an abhorrently cheap springer rifle/shotgun ($25-$50) and you could sell it later or use it as a loaner (since they have the same range & accuracy as a stock ACM AEG, but not the ROF)

Edited by 16kuokhc1

Either that, or if none of your friends use a BASR, you can just try out an abhorrently cheap springer rifle/shotgun ($25-$50) and you could sell it later or use it as a loaner (since they have the same range & accuracy as a stock ACM AEG, but not the ROF)

Not sure how that would help the OP see whether or not he likes BASR's, since those $50 springers aren't BASR's.

Keep in mind that a BASR costs a lot to actually preform better than aegs.

-you need a zero trigger (very important).

-new spring

-new piston

-new spring guide (must be metal)

-probably new cylinder head

-upgraded hop up unit (PDI is fantastic)

-and a new barrel.

All of those things are not cheap.

PDI and laylax are what you want to buy,

Remember:

buy cheap and buy twice.

Also you won't be killing shot after shot after shot. It takes a lot of patience and is not for everyone.

If you like kills after kills get a small high rounds per second gun that you can run around with.

With that being said, BASR's can be extremely rewarding and effective if used by the right person.

I strongly suggest you use someone's upgraded BASR and watch some videos on it.

The TSD tactical sd700 was my first BASR and is my last, the whole thing is upgraded and decked out. Chances are you won't get another BASR because the only difference is the body (or internals but I suggest sticking with VSR-10 style guns.

P.S:

Your going to be spending a lot on heavy bbs. Don't even think about running .2g effectively.

Edited by MrGearbox

Not sure how that would help the OP see whether or not he likes BASR's, since those $50 springers aren't BASR's.

Well, BASRs are manually cycled, and $50 springers are manually cycled...

My concept is that the OP can use something that has the same range/accuracy as a stock china AEG which is manually cycled, so the OP will adjust his/her tactics to allow for a limited amount of firepower.

TLDR: Pretty much using springers for training.

Edited by 16kuokhc1

Well, BASRs are manually cycled, and $50 springers are manually cycled...

My concept is that the OP can use something that has the same range/accuracy as a stock china AEG which is manually cycled, so the OP will adjust his/her tactics to allow for a limited amount of firepower.

TLDR: Pretty much using springers for training.

By that logic the DE M3 is a BASR.

A true BASR has much better range and accuracy than a stock AEG. The JG BAR-10 out of the box is not a BASR, it's just a bolt action spring rifle, thus the need for upgrades to turn it into a BASR.

Just as a thought, AEG Dragunov. The JG one falls into the right price range, though it's actually an AK dressed up as one. Alternatively, ASGI is going to have the King Arms SVD AEG as a shocker deal for $100 tomorrow, and Evike's just got it for $120 right now. Electric so you can fire more quickly, you can get 100 or 200 round magazines for it, and it's cheaper to upgrade since it takes either v2 or v3 gearbox parts, I'm not sure which.

It's a proprietary shell, yeah. I looked it up on youtube and ASGI said it used standard parts, though. They didn't say if they meant V2 or V3, but they said standard parts. The only weird thing I saw about it is that it has an extended cylinder, but a normal sized piston, like the G&G L85 design, with an elongated cylinder head to take up the extra space.

It's a proprietary shell, yeah. I looked it up on youtube and ASGI said it used standard parts, though. They didn't say if they meant V2 or V3, but they said standard parts. The only weird thing I saw about it is that it has an extended cylinder, but a normal sized piston, like the G&G L85 design, with an elongated cylinder head to take up the extra space.

Woah something's weird here...

Quick google search turned up this http://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/43-longrange-aegs/13583-king-arms-svd-dragunov-aeg.html

Doesn't look very standard to me. You are right about the cylinder though, it's extended but with a normal piston and elongated cylinder head.

Wow, that really is a mixed bag of parts. Though, looking through the topic, the only issue anyone brought up was the low quality spring guide, so at least that's something.

Nice to keep in mind for the future, though. And there's still the JG option, if you don't mind that it's not really a dragunov at all, just a mangled RPK.

Guest alberty

Wow, that really is a mixed bag of parts. Though, looking through the topic, the only issue anyone brought up was the low quality spring guide, so at least that's something.

Nice to keep in mind for the future, though. And there's still the JG option, if you don't mind that it's not really a dragunov at all, just a mangled RPK.

If you bump up a little, the CYMA SVD AEG is a nice option that is RS clone.

I think A&K's SVD AEG may be a Classic Army clone.