itproqwoe

Bullpup Rifles

Im looking into getting a new gun. Im familiar with the bullpup idea in which it allows for a longer inner barrel. Is this a smart idea and if so, whats a good choice. Preferably something less than 200 which can be upgraded. Ive thought about guns like AUG's, UAR's and guns like the L85. All in all, is the pullpup style important in looking for a new gun, and if so what do you recommend.

Thanks

Edited by itproqwoe

If it were real steel, sure, the longer the barrel the better. But for airsoft you get diminishing returns past your bog standard M4 length which isn't really that much to begin with. You stand to gain better performance with the quality of the barrel and type of hop rubber. But, given that it's possible to make a ridiculously compact gun while still maintaining maximum range in a bullpup. This will really benefit in places that has both CQB and mid range elements like MOUT. Otherwise it's down to preference. You can get a superior gun but won't handle well in someone's hands who doesn't like or isn't used to the system while having a mediocre gun perform excellently in the same hands because that's what he's used to. Basically, as long as it isn't an LPEG or garbage design like ARES, choose what you like.

Edited by renegadecow

Lpeg is low power electric gun. They're cheap and as the name says, low power.

I believe the elite force tar 21 pro lines are pretty good, but I would avoid the competition series. The ics l85/6 are apparently really good, but they're kinda spendy. I had a jg Aug a couple years ago and it was decent for the cheap price.

I think jg and asg are the only brands that make the aug. Tm has the high cycle, but that has a different silhouette Than the standard aug. as for p90s, I don't know.

TM still makes their standard AUG but the JG clones are plenty decent nowadays to hold their own not to mention are a lot cheaper. One thing I never liked with my old TM is how the abs body gets shiny in spots held most. CA solved this by using fiver reinforced nylon on their bodies like real steel but don't know if they're still available or if other makers are using the same material.

My advice is to spend more now and keep the gun for a real long time.

I loved my G&G L85. Idk the exact name but it lasted a really long time and shot really well.

Honestly just go with whay style you like and we can advise you to which one is best in that class

It depends on what you want. Gbb is limited to mag size and the cost of gas, while AEG's hold more bbs in the mag, and you can charge the battery with your charger.

Gbb's are also more realistic and kick, although there are some aeg's that have come close to the external realism + options.

They shoot pretty well stock, but everyone who buys one (or any WE GBBR) for skirmish usually change the hop rubber out right. Stock you're looking at 450fps with a 50m effective range on .30g. With a Maple Leaf or A+ rubber that's extended to 70m.

However, if you're not even set in choosing AEG or GBB you need a lot more reading and thinking to do. As much as both can throw bbs equally well, they appeal to wholly different markets because of how they operate.

This is according to Evike.com

About JG / ASP

JG / Jing Gong (China) / ASP (Hong Kong) is among the world's largest Airsoft OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) and pioneer for high quality Airsoft AEG rifles. With superb production capability, volume, and their close relationship Evike.com positioned JG to provide the world market with great reliable products.

ASG on their website does not show to have any affiliation with JG- actionsportsgames.com

If I was to buy: http://www.evike.com/products/27702 , + the current 23% off, it would bring me down to about $95. with about $70 left, what should I invest in, eg. new bucking, li-po, miracle barrle, spring/piston, gears, ect for a hard hitting sniper aug,

Evike's coupons don't work on anything that's on sale already, last I checked.

For good long range accuracy, you could check out a steel Lonex barrel, should be in the $25-30 range, a Lonex or G&G bucking, and look into how to flat hop it. You'll want to get a sorbo pad, possibly some new bushings/bearings if you have leftover cash. To start with, though, definitely go with the bucking and barrel, and do some basic improvements in the gearbox. Buy some shims, some new grease for the gearbox. Simple stuff to keep the gun running smooth, because an accurate gun is useless if something breaks or jams.

You should field it first before you start throwing in a bunch of "upgrade" parts.

That depends on the person. Almost all of my guns were never feilded once stock, I always resim, r-hop, metal rack piston, correct aoe, and use a neo magnet motor. On every gun I own they have all of those things and they were done before it was fielded.

Edited by MrGearbox

That depends on the person

Not so much the person but if said person actually has a set objective. All too common are newbies who dive into the hobby wanting competitive hardware. Thinking they work like they do in video games, they throw everything at it, even things they have absolutely no knowledge about other than it being recommended as an upgrade. It's like that mental sickness being addicted to plastic surgery.

Upgrade as needed. If you know stock specifications aren't suitable to your needs then there's no need to use it stock and go straight to setting it up appropriately. If you have no idea how something handles and shoots, best find out first so you get a baseline.

<AT>A+ REAPS

On an AEG, not really. Plenty others that will perform a whole lot better like a flat hop. When you read about people recommending the A+ hop rubber it's the VSR type for GBBs that they're talking about.

Edited by renegadecow

Ok, something relative small, yet can fire across relative long distance. mostly cqc with occasional distance. Accuracy is big issue yet that can generally be fixed with "If you want accuracy, then you only need better hop-up, barrel, and compression." FPS is not an issue, no such thing as too much

Edited by itproqwoe

If you want a Sig, you may as well look at the JG. Classic Army makes some good guns, just not int he sub-$200 range. In that area, they are just good enough. Also, a Sig 551 is a better choice than a 552 unless you don't mind a Peq box taking up part of your rail space, since the 552 has pathetic battery space.

JG's 551 is $170 on Airsoft Megastore.

Non-AK, non-M4 at $150 also leads to the JG G36, which you can still find on Airsplat with the basic models being at $155, I believe. They also have 2 versions of the G3 SAS on there for 50% off. One has a solid stock, the other has a slither stock. Battery on the solid stock one goes in the stock, battery on the collapsible goes in the front handguard. Bit of a goofy looking gun, but a solid option.

Another solid gun at $150, that is a bullpup, is the Cybergun Famas. I find it a tad uncomfortable because the magwell hits the top of my hand, but it's a solid rifle. The Cybergun one can even take standard short-shaft motors, making it easier to upgrade than a TM, even if your out of the box performance won't be nearly as good.

The MP5s and UMPs on the market are perfectly good guns, though not as good as what used to be available at the same price point because of licensing issues. Also, they have small magazines just because of their limited size. Airsplat has an old JG MP5 on their 50% off sale, too. Railed, collapsible stock, battery goes in a supplied foregrip.

Guest alberty

echo 1 xcr-c- looks good, american made(ish), any complaints?

It's not quite American-made, while Echo 1 is based in USA, they just do business of rebranding, distributing, etc..

Their plastic XCR series are OEM by JG. These models are essential a JG M4 in a different body. This is good so that you can replace every internal part for upgrades or repair with no problem, and the most current JG M4 gearboxes are very strong with decent internals for the price.

These XCR series are a good balance of price, performance, and features.

If you lookat an earlier post, I don't want an ak that looks generic. This one (the echo 1) doesnt look like the ak's you see in bond movies-eg http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/10142-400-fps-ak47-cm028a-airsoft-aeg-rifle-faux-wood-cyma-cm028-vpower.aspx

Well when you see an AK out on the field these days chances are it's going to be tricked out pretty similar to this one.

Edited by CaptCalvin