to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
16kuokhc1

WE "SAI" Hi Capa

Okay, it's not really huge news since the trades aren't correct (like their previous "SAI" glocks), however what's interesting is that WE could've gone and redone their hi-capas to a higher quality (like how they have redone their M9s.)

http://www.cobraairsoft.com/product_info.php?products_id=6499&osCsid=68df2f6202cb833344db609b68b0fbb7

Guest alberty

I doubt it, as it would be much cheaper to use the long-existing factory molds/equipment they have for the Hi-capas for years, so they may keep the bottom and the same and also use the same heavy material in this new slide. They have already been producing aftermarket "fiber" sights and the same sights are seen in the Dragon series as well.

I know retailers are also advertising their "NG3" thing but it looks like simply a different nozzle and an OEM tightbore.

Edited by alberty

I know retailers are also advertising their "NG3" thing but it looks like simply a different nozzle and an OEM tightbore.

Well, that's an improvement at least. Seems like a good candidate for a budget hi-capa build, as a metal SAI slide will cost $199 whist this whole pistol costs $95 (and the $15 Plastic SAI slides are pretty much crap).

Guest alberty

Well, that's an improvement at least. Seems like a good candidate for a budget hi-capa build, as a metal SAI slide will cost $199 whist this whole pistol costs $95 (and the $15 Plastic SAI slides are pretty much crap).

Budget yes, but do you know how the WE metal Hi-capa slides and frames feel like? They are extremely heavy, and not in a good benefit!

Okay, so I just stumbled across this review on a HK airsoft facebook group, and seemingly WE has improved their hi-capa by the following: Better molding, Slide is most likely CNC aluminum, Finish improved, Short-Stroked OOTB, Hopup is seated better, and half-decent night sights.

Review's found here (It's in Chinese, but you can use google translate.): http://hongkongchingclub.blogspot.hk/2015/04/we-new-hi-cap.html

Guest alberty

Okay, so I just stumbled across this review on a HK airsoft facebook group, and seemingly WE has improved their hi-capa by the following: Better molding, Slide is most likely CNC aluminum, Finish improved, Short-Stroked OOTB, Hopup is seated better, and half-decent night sights.

Review's found here (It's in Chinese, but you can use google translate.): http://hongkongchingclub.blogspot.hk/2015/04/we-new-hi-cap.html

Okay, if they changed to better material, that would help alot. I wonder if it's just a different OEM, like how WE has been using HK3P?

WE is not using CNC aluminum... All of their slides are still zinc alloy. Even the Archives/HK3 slides.

There's no performance upgrade to these really. WE's fiber rods (In their defense, like most ACM fibers) are cloudy and not that effective, and the slides are the same material. The WEI Glock slides have been cracking all over...

"NG3" isn't something that actually exists, it's an Evike marketing scam. No other retailer advertises WE USA or NG3, because it isn't a new system. The tightbores (so they call them) yield no performance upgrades at all. WE has changed to a revised hop and barrel system on all their models with a proprietary bucking and shallower window cut. The barrels are looking like stock barrels that are just coated in blue (and most recently black) inner coatings. The contact patch on the bucking is smaller than before, and it's a downgrade in my opinion. (You can replace them with TM-spec, but you need to replace both the barrel and bucking together). The blue nozzles seen in the "NG3" guns are already used in the Archives WEi G-series slide kits.

I recently bought a new WE M&P (using the "NG3" system) to see how it stacked up to the Marui M&P just for fun, and it made me laugh. There is no NG3 upgrade to any of the WE pistols, and while this hi-capa looks nice, it's only going to be for looks.

Guest alberty

WE is not using CNC aluminum... All of their slides are still zinc alloy. Even the Archives/HK3 slides.

There's no performance upgrade to these really. WE's fiber rods (In their defense, like most ACM fibers) are cloudy and not that effective, and the slides are the same material. The WEI Glock slides have been cracking all over...

"NG3" isn't something that actually exists, it's an Evike marketing scam. No other retailer advertises WE USA or NG3, because it isn't a new system. The tightbores (so they call them) yield no performance upgrades at all. WE has changed to a revised hop and barrel system on all their models with a proprietary bucking and shallower window cut. The barrels are looking like stock barrels that are just coated in blue (and most recently black) inner coatings. The contact patch on the bucking is smaller than before, and it's a downgrade in my opinion. (You can replace them with TM-spec, but you need to replace both the barrel and bucking together). The blue nozzles seen in the "NG3" guns are already used in the Archives WEi G-series slide kits.

I recently bought a new WE M&P (using the "NG3" system) to see how it stacked up to the Marui M&P just for fun, and it made me laugh. There is no NG3 upgrade to any of the WE pistols, and while this hi-capa looks nice, it's only going to be for looks.

That sounds like everything I was thinking too. I never heard of "NG3" outside of Evike and I've seen that those blue-colored inner barrels are not that special.

I did learn some new stuff from your post. I did not think WE would be using CNC Aluminum or anything, and you're right as since the HK3P Resident Evil M9s still have the problem of the slides cracking that shows it's similar material I believe. The only thing I noticed is that all that stuff is still better than the oldest Hi-capa and 1911 models from WE.