Narancas

200 ft hits with 247mm barrel possible?

Long story short:

Have a P90 w/247 mm stock barrel.

Can I make 200 ft hits with Flat hop and a 247mm tightbore (6.03).

will switching to a 363 TBB make a difference? (not fps wise).

I want to keep my p90 compact, so switching to 363mm isnt a choice.

Im using .23g bbs.

FPS: 370/.2g

so can a 247mm TBB with Flathop and stock barrel (or TBB) achieve 200ft hits?

Thanks !

Depends on the stock barrel quality, a descent tight bore will have a better quality bore on it which would definitely help. Personally if .26's work, I'd say just keep using them if you're hitting out to 200ft with them. .23s will get there faster but aren't as accurate and wind effects them more.

In short, a tightbore certainly wouldn't hurt your situation, and if you want more range just flat hop or r-hop your gun.

I don't put anything lighter than .25g in my pistols and some of them can do 200ft with barrels ranging from 5" to 10". Barrel length or tightness doesn't necessarily equate to longer range. Tightness can give you an fps boost which can increase range a bit but it's more to do with the quality/uniformity of the barrel which lends to better precision. Hop up for range. And all that assuming you're using heavy bbs to begin with because everything will be wasted if you insist in using bbs that can just easily be thrown by the wind.

could be.

So far tey performed ok.

When I was testing the range at 200', 8/10 bb's were straight and hitting in the same spot, the other 2 were flyers (but not too far off from the rest). Could be that since I recently greased greased the innner cylinder, some of the grease was affecting the bb's.

The stock G&G combat machine with the stubby barrel can hit 200' with ease with .32g GOLDENBALL bbs, mainly because the G&G green bucking is really nice and they have good airseals out of the box. Also the barrels aren't all that bad, they run decently for a stock barrel

Edited by MrGearbox

Just volunteered for a ABT (Airsoft Basic Training) Course last weekend.

I ran the Hop-Up Station. Everyone that came through with .20g bbs, I gave a 1.5KG bag of free Azimuth .25g bbs. They were surprised their "stock" AEG with proper tuning and HQ .25g could hit a man sized target at 200 feet even at 295fps (with .25g bbs).

Just volunteered for a ABT (Airsoft Basic Training) Course last weekend.

I ran the Hop-Up Station. Everyone that came through with .20g bbs, I gave a 1.5KG bag of free Azimuth .25g bbs. They were surprised their "stock" AEG with proper tuning and HQ .25g could hit a man sized target at 200 feet even at 295fps (with .25g bbs).

Can I have some .25g bbs? I have some oval .12g bbs laying around here somewhere....