sup people.

I have an Ares m4 cqc s class. I love this thing. I just got it brand new from airsoft gi 2 months ago. I only used it like 3 times. I have noticed that when Im firing it, either in burst, full auto, or rapid single fire. I can feel the motor get super hot!. I'm running a 9.6. 1600mah nunchuck battery. im afraid the motor or the battery is going to blow. what is going on here?!?!?!?!?

please bestow me with your knowledge... :sp_ike::a-american::microwave:

I'll tell you what's going on and it's God aweful.

The motors are going to a serious defect issue right now. The motor armearures are like wavy, dippy and uneven right now. I've set 4 lonex motors on fire from overheating with an 11.1v lipo, 2 ZCI motors, and 1 ShS motor.

They were all similar in the same way being that it was all uneven and the brushes were very wiggly.

It's just the time for someone to make a brushless motor!

99% of motor overheating in airsoft is caused when the spring is too stiff for the motor to handle optimally.

it still pulls it, but struggles.

if you give it a higher juice battery and it turns out to be adequate, that might solve the issue. but this is a trial-and-error procedure and won't guarantee a fix.

if the motor is too "highspeed" it might not work at all.

So...the surer way is to get a higher torque motor.

FYI, if anything does blow up, it will most likely be your wiring before motor or battery.

well, technically the wiring insulation melts and it creates a short then it shorts your battery and when that happens your battery is the first thing to go, which is the worst of the three to go, but yeah...

Although I had a ZCI Ht motor overheat and catch fire running a m120. So that means that a 22 tpa neo magnet motor can't handle a M120 with a 9.6v?

In any other case it would be the spring or gearset but when you have a very high tpa motor and many other higher quality motors fail it's not a just an issue with a gear system.

Does your motor spark a lot when you run it?

Lord help us if a 22 TPA motor can't pull an M120 spring on a 9.6v. I used a JG blue to pull a M170 on an Intellect 9.6v.

My primary rifle has a JG Blue, 14:1 gears and a M120 spring in it, and it cycles just fine on a 7.4v stick (read: under powered) battery.

If you can't pull a M120 on a 9.6v with a 22TPA motor, you are either doing something wrong, using a :censored2: battery, or have a bum motor.

99% of motor overheating in airsoft is caused when the spring is too stiff for the motor to handle optimally.

it still pulls it, but struggles.

if you give it a higher juice battery and it turns out to be adequate, that might solve the issue. but this is a trial-and-error procedure and won't guarantee a fix.

if the motor is too "highspeed" it might not work at all.

So...the surer way is to get a higher torque motor.

FYI, if anything does blow up, it will most likely be your wiring before motor or battery.

well, technically the wiring insulation melts and it creates a short then it shorts your battery and when that happens your battery is the first thing to go, which is the worst of the three to go, but yeah...

so what if I switch to lipo?

thanks for your input guys. I chronoed the gun and it was hitting 380 fps. its gotta be either a 110 spring. or a really really brand new of the factory floor m100 spring. I will check

It could be a weak/poor compression M120.