to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
spitfiresim

Looking at highend AKMs but not sure which brand to go with.

So last fall I acquired quite a few airsoft guns from a friend who was moving. I have traded or sold most of them now but have been spending quite a bit of time dreaming on one in particular, a LCT AIMS-74.

aeg-cm050-2.jpg

I am not and never have been a fan of folding or collapsing stocks due to their often flimsy, uncomfortable, or awkward. I can see how such stocks may be better for transportation due to size and weight, indoor battles, or whatever but I am personally in favor of fixed stocks. So the AIMS wire folding stock was really not my thing but the rest of the LCT AK was excellent. I wanted to put a solid wooden stock on it but the outer body was designed to hold the wire stock only and modification would be difficult and expensive.

The LCT AIMS had already been customized a bit by the previous owner He had changed it from the Romanian AIMS-74 to an East German MPI-KMS-72 like the one below.

tumblr_inline_mmixypfVbk1qz4rgp.jpg

I changed it back by purchasing a new Romanian dong handguard not realising what it was supposed to be.

So I decided to list my LCT AIMS on Ebay and look into getting an AKM. I plan purchasing a Romanian dong handguard for the AKM and found out that that would make it much like Romanian AIM-G from the Romanian Patriotic Guard (which I believe is some sort of Romanian Police or border guard and less of a full on military version).

tumblr_inline_mmixfjBFPh1qz4rgp.jpg

The real steel one is designed for semi auto only but for my airsoft playstyle I am willing to trade a touch of accuracy for the full-auto feature.

So I plan on purchasing an AKM and getting a Romanian dong handguard but I don't know which brand of AKM I want to go with. I am looking in the $350-$500 price range (so price should not be an issue) and here is what I have gathered and my thoughts on a few brands I have recherches.

LCT: Having been very impressed with LCT I immediately looked into their AKM. From what I gather its another great LCT product and quite close to the real steel AKM with just a few discrepancies. I like it overall but many reviewers complain about size of the battery compartment in the stock.

E&L: Sounds very good, reviewers say it is rock solid but I don't like the wood color and pattern on their guns. It is dark and does not look very authentic compared to most AKs, I prefer lighter wood.

Real Sword: Sounds solid but I have had found very little information on Real Sword as a brand. I have heard their products are good and super realistic but the few images and materials I have found appear out of proportion and not quality.

GHK: As far as I can tell their AKM is not an AEG but a gas powered gun. I think I want an AEG but I have to say that GHK's AKM looks really nice.

G&G: This is my first choice as I have had a very positive experiences with G&G products and reliability. As far as I can tell they have all the features I want except for the positioning of the real sling mount (it being on the bottom instead of the lower side). It has a removeable battery set in the foregrip and with their version of the AIMS (called the "GIMS") I think could easily order a dong handguard easily creating the AIM-G.

It's because E&L has excellent externals (they're even ridiculously durable, you could search up an E&L ak torture test on youtube!) and is normally considered the "Realsword of Russian AKs". E&L also states that they previously made real firearms, but don't quote me on that.

And also, whilst G&G are good, the other brands you listed are better due to (most likely) better finishing.

Edited by 16kuokhc1

E&L: Sounds very good, reviewers say it is rock solid but I don't like the wood color and pattern on their guns. It is dark and does not look very authentic compared to most AKs, I prefer lighter wood.

Doesn't look very authentic?

How does an AEG made from REAL gun parts not look authentic?

Edited by Guges Mk3

Doesn't look very authentic?

How does an AEG made from REAL gun parts not look authentic?

Lol, no, I love the body but the wood often looks overly dark and slightly off shape. But I really only see light colored AK's with near identical wood so I supose it might just me my inexperience

It's because E&L has excellent externals (they're even ridiculously durable, you could search up an E&L ak torture test on youtube!) and is normally considered the "Realsword of Russian AKs". E&L also states that they previously made real firearms, but don't quote me on that.

And also, whilst G&G are good, the other brands you listed are better due to (most likely) better finishing.

Ok, I think my LCT is rock solid too and I like their finish better.

The G&G Has great reviews where people say that they have LCT quality externals (on the new ones). Thats why its costs $420 just like LCT I guess.

:P

Guest alberty

E&L, LCT, and VFC AEGs would be great bases to start worth. Regarding wood color, even if it's dark it matters how it looks and not just the shade. At worse case you can change the wood out to furniture of your choice or consider restaining the wood to your preference.

GHK ones will be GBBR, correct. They use LCT-made bodies which explains the external quality too, but you don't want GHK if you want AEG.

G&G uses LCT-made bodies too but they throw in their proprietary battery system which I advise against.

Real Swords are based on Chinese AK-ish models and are slightly different than TM/VFC spec due to the very realistic body. That may also affect furniture compatibility due to the specs its made on.

I have E&L and would not change it for anything else. Gearbox can be easily upgraded and good internals are easy to get. But this is not the case when it comes to externals, so I would/I had chose my gun based on extarnal quality.

I had G&G in hands and externals are nowhere near the E&L, I would compare it to Cyma (though CM048 and higher models are nicer).

Wood color should not be an issue since you will be replacing the handguard you will have to refinish it anyway to match it with the stock. Just sand it, apply three or four coats of your prefered color with a cotton rag and than seal it with five coats of tung oil (apply with steel wool). You should get something like me on this Cyma.

112449051066352930060481.jpg