Sign in to follow this  
Vhyrus

New guy needs guns

Hello. I have been playing paintball on and off for close to 20 years now but I've decided it's too damn expensive so I want to try airsoft. I'm looking for primaries for myself and my girlfriend. I took a look at the Classic Army SCAR and I really liked it. Are those pretty good guns? What about the G&G G26? My gf really likes the G26 Black Rose but I have heard some bad things about the G26 series. Any suggestions for good first guns would be great. I am not looking to spend more than $300 a gun, ideally around $200.

You cited M4/SCARs but are you open to other styles?

CYMA AKs are worth looking into as they are low price and work fine out of the box.

With some retailers doing discounts during the summer you may be able to find Krytac and G&P M4s for around ~$300 a gun. They are nice guns. I also ran the ASGI FMG4 for a bit and they worked fine too.

Have you also considered the price of batteries, chargers, bbs, and safety equipment? Paintball masks work fine but many players opt to go with a helmet+goggle+lower face metal mesh combo for the lower profile.

My only big requirement is that the guns use M4 mags cause I already have a plate carrier setup for those mags and I don't want to buy new Molle gear.

Anyone have any experience with the APS UAR? I saw one today and I really liked it and it's right in my price range.

The UAR is trash in my opinion. Terrible quality internals and very poor externals. The upside is that it is unique. I may bejumping the gun here but it seems like at this point you're not super interested in upgrading your weapon. I may be wrong but if you want a decent platform you can start with something like the KWA CQR. Before I get bashed for suggesting this because of it's "proprietary" internals, I will say that this is an above average out of the box AEG that can handle a beatin. This of course is oriented towards the just go out and play. The KWA Commando is a slightly better version of the CQR offering a full metal body, and rear wiring to the crane stock, but the same very very good out of the box internals.

If you dislike these I can suggest others for you.

The UAR is trash in my opinion. Terrible quality internals and very poor externals. The upside is that it is unique. I may bejumping the gun here but it seems like at this point you're not super interested in upgrading your weapon. I may be wrong but if you want a decent platform you can start with something like the KWA CQR. Before I get bashed for suggesting this because of it's "proprietary" internals, I will say that this is an above average out of the box AEG that can handle a beatin. This of course is oriented towards the just go out and play. The KWA Commando is a slightly better version of the CQR offering a full metal body, and rear wiring to the crane stock, but the same very very good out of the box internals.

If you dislike these I can suggest others for you.

I appreciate the help. Do you know anything about the classic army SCAR? Or the G&G combat machine?

Firstly, the J.G. HK416 from Airsplat is amazing for the price. My friend bought it as his first gun, besides a gun I bought him lol. It is a little under 200$ and shoots like a lazer. It has an amazing weight being mostly made of metal excluding the stock and other small things. He is extremely happy he bought it. Secondly, It's sometimes difficult to chose a gun if you haven't held it and/or used it. If you have an Airsoft store near you you should check out the gear for yourself (assuming you haven't done so already). Not saying you should buy a gun at said store, because sometimes the stores are small mom and pop shops that over-price their items. Airsplat and Evike always have deals and are ideal, at least in my book.

Don't get a Combat Machine. I told you this already :P

LOL I know you said that but I have had literally 8 different people recommend CMs to me so I am trying to get multiple opinions on them. The new ones have ambi mag release so I am very tempted. I was really hoping the UAR would be a good gun but the reviews seem to be hit or miss on it. I still can't get any good opinions on the CA SCAR.

Don't get a Combat Machine. I told you this already :P

these guns suck stock but are good for upgrading. I wouldnt recommend this simply because I doubt you know how to do this. if you are stilll looking most jg m4s are pretty good stock and have a good price but are not quite as good for upgrading.

these guns suck stock but are good for upgrading. I wouldn't recommend this simply because I doubt you know how to do this. if you are stilll looking most jg m4s are pretty good stock and have a good price but are not quite as good for upgrading.

all gun suck stock just the G&G's don't suck as bad, they have an amazing stock bucking. We were able to get a stock G&G combat machine carbine to shoot 250' shots with .36g bbs ~6/10. So far there haven't been any other guns that can do the same. Funny how a $140 gun can outrange a $350-$500 Krytac.