Sign in to follow this  
TheDutch

G&G Combat Machine CM16 Raider Long M4 VERSUZ Short Barrel

Hi there guys

My name is Quint aka Dutch and I'm new to airsoft.

I checked out some post, and everybody is saying that m4 and G&G a good started guns are

Now I'm looking into 2 M4 guns.

But what are the different between those 2(Beside Barrel length)

1 The Combat Machine CM16 Raider M4 long barrel from G&G

2 The Combat Machine M4 CQB Raider short barrel from G&G

(sorry don't know how to place a link to the side)

Also looking for cheap place to order some camo pants and shirt, and looking for good tactical vest.

All tips and comments welcome.

Pick whatever gun you like. Shorter guns are popular because they are slightly easier to maneuver around in tight spaces.

Do you already have eye and face protection and good footwear? Many fields do not have a dress code so camo and other stuff is not 100% required; check with your local field in terms of terrain etc to figure what you need.

Unless you are planning to also purchase a lot of spare magazines right away, you won't need a vest or other load carrying gear. Maybe a small backpack for you to keep supplies like extra bbs, snacks, water, etc in.

I play in throwaway jeans and shirts all the time.

Hi there Renegadecow

What you mean by:

The "long" barrel is just your bog standard M4 or 14.5" length. A carbine really as long would be more appropriate to 18-20" rifles?

Sorry not from around, and English not my first language :-(

Edited by TheDutch

Hi SecondWind

I checked out yesterday were I gonna play here in Ocala.

And mostly wooded area with not a lot of close combat.

So the long barrel M4 would be better then?

I don't have face protection yet, but looking around online to get some before I go on the field the 22th.

DO have footwear though :-)

And yes I'm looking to buy 4 or 5 pack of mid caps(don't like sound of the high caps when running around)

when getting the gun.

Any idea where can get a good and not to expensive tactical vest?

And would like to get some woody came, just to blend in more.

How's it going Dutch?

I've been playing airsoft for a while now and can honestly tell you that the difference between a CQB (10.5") and rifle (14.5") lenth AEG is the barrel length. Good compression will give you the same distance between the two, especially in a starter AEG. If you plan on playing indoors, go with the CQB for mobility. Aside from that, they're both similar. With that being said, we still clear houses in the Army with a 14.5" barrel. If you're looking for advice on what to buy, I'd say go with the CQB because you can add a mock suppressor and add in a longer inner barrel if you decide.

As far as cheap gear goes, I've always ordered from Evike because of how they've treated me. I've yet to have an issue with them and they have always fixed an issues quickly and with courtesy. If you need gear, I personally have a bunch I'm going to be getting rid of as soon as I'm done with this field problem. I'm trying to clear out my inventory, so I'm going to sell my stuff for cheap. PM me if you're interested.

The G&G long shoots 380-400 while the G&G short shoots 340 to 350.

So if you play indoor field get the short one so it will be field legal.

Thats in the U.S. though unless you are in some country with FPS restrictions where both the short and long shoots the same fps in that case the long barrel would give you probably a minuscule accuracy boost over the short one.

Go with the standard length, standard M4s can already be collapsed to a relatively compact length. Getting the shorter barreled one would be more practical if you play in an indoor cqb field, but for anything else, the standard length M4 would probably be more suitable.