to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
vertigo0000

Holster for railed and red-dot pistol... Need Help

hello all. I really am looking to putting a red dot on my KWA m9 tactical ptp . There are a few different options for this but not many. I will most likely be framing mounting a rail, not to the slide. This large object will protrude on all sides, and will hold a red dot reflex sight on top of the pistol. Im looking for a holster will work for it in airsoft. I want to be able to run around with the gun and not worry about it falling out.

the mount will look like this

or this

http://www.amazon.com/UM-Tactical-Sight-Mount-Universal/dp/B00L5QZ4YU

For answers ive found this. a universal mount that should attach to my gun, that comes with a custom holster designed for that mount. problem is review says its not designed for heavy use.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/10/josh-santomieri/review-um3-pistol-sight-mount-holster/

any ideas? I really need the help, I really want to find what works rather then ordering alot of different accessories that are mis matched and/or arent effective. Thank you!

Well, not meaning to be rude, but my suggestion is to ditch the scope mount and learn to use the iron sights. This will allow you to draw your secondary quicker, as well as making it less easily snag on to things.

Also, scope mounts for handguns are intended for use when your handgun is your primary weapon, as they are intended for use on race guns. There's a good reason why not much (if any) real combatants use red dots on their handguns.

It is fun using a red dot but most of the time it is a hindrance as you have to use a speed holster with most red dot pistols.

I don't actually know if there is an open holster for the M9 as its normally not an open class competition pistol but you could probably modify an existing one or 3D print one from scratch.

there are universal speed holsters.

Like this:

cox_aueh_bk_l.jpg

I wear one for my modified Glock with a 6" barrel. I always get a double take when people see it for the first time where a pistol is just floating on your hip.

Edited by Guges Mk3

Guges, I like the look of that holster. whats the name of it? also, how does it retain your pistol securely without it bouncing around while on the move?

to the others, red dots on pistols are becoming more popular and have advantages. yes, they make holstering harder, but their are various other pros with them. but, in the end it comes down to preferance.

thanks for all the input everyone.

Sport holsters are fine for airsoft. The term "heavy use" in the context of holsters and guns possibly means that many sport/competition holsters are not meant to be used when there is a lot of climbinb, fighting, etc involved.

If you're extra worried about your gun falling out at a large event or something you can use some bungee and lash it to the holster or your belt as a lanyard.

Guges, I like the look of that holster. whats the name of it? also, how does it retain your pistol securely without it bouncing around while on the move?

to the others, red dots on pistols are becoming more popular and have advantages. yes, they make holstering harder, but their are various other pros with them. but, in the end it comes down to preferance.

thanks for all the input everyone.

AIP, Core... Makes them as well as a plethora of other "chinese" makers.

They are called speed/ghost/Comp holster

Edited by Guges Mk3