Clueless1

Glock 17 project

After getting a more rewarding job earlier, I finally have a larger amount of excess dough. This got me thinking, after using AEGs for all my career, I am thinking about deciding to branch out into GBB pistols. I've used them as sidearms, but not as primarys yet. I think this change of pace would be fun, and it would bring a diverse new style into the field I Olay at. So enough with backstory, now to what I am thinking about doing.

I have a WE Glock 17 Gen 4, and have kept it completely bone stock. I've done basically cleaning and maintenance, but never have disassembled the gun much past taking out the outer/inner barrel. I would like to upgrade the accuracy, and gas efficiency of it, and make it look bad a**. I've read up on upgrades to the Glock, but have not gotten much agreement on certain things. For example, some people say that upgrading the floating valve will increase gas efficiency, but many others say there really is no difference. Some say don't mix and match slides and barrels, I.E Guarder barrel and airsoft surgeon slide, because both company's make their parts to slightly different specs. So what would I need internally to get the gun to what I want it to do? Also, what parts are of quality, but not airsoft surgeon expensive for externals?

Thanks

Looks is nothing if is shoots like poo.

Get it working internally BEFORE you do anything externally to it.

Maple Leaf Monster, hop-key with a slight adjustment to the arm, a thread adapter to allow you to comp the pistol and a 6" Hicapa barrel will turn your basic WE into a 310fps shooter with .28g bb at 85F using propane.

You can hit 75 yards easy with this set up.

For accuracy you can put in a better inner barrel and hop. Gas economy, that depends. How many shots are you currently able to squeeze out from a full mag?

About 1, 1 1/12 on a warm day. (A warm day in Michigan. Is about 85-90°

Looks is nothing if is shoots like poo.

Get it working internally BEFORE you do anything externally to it.

Maple Leaf Monster, hop-key with a slight adjustment to the arm, a thread adapter to allow you to comp the pistol and a 6" Hicapa barrel will turn your basic WE into a 310fps shooter with .28g bb at 85F using propane.

You can hit 75 yards easy with this set up.

I'm guessing a Maple leaf "monster" is a gbb equivalent to mapleleafs 70°(?) Bucking? And what is a hop key?

1 to 1 1/12 a mag full of bbs per fill of gas? That's to be expected on smaller or single stack mags, but on large Glock mags you should be getting 1 1/2 to 2 mags, sometimes almost 3 if it's really warm. Check the condition of your nozzle and piston lid as well as the gas router on your mag.

1 to 1 1/12 a mag full of bbs per fill of gas? That's to be expected on smaller or single stack mags, but on large Glock mags you should be getting 1 1/2 to 2 mags, sometimes almost 3 if it's really warm. Check the condition of your nozzle and piston lid as well as the gas router on your mag.

There seems to be a very little cutout on top of the nozzle where it feeds the bb. Don't know if it came from OEM or was self caused, but I don't know if it should be there. The piston lid looks to be in good shape, but how would I check for compression in a gbb? And what is the gas router? I'll try to post some pics as soon as I get back from work

The cut out is "normal". and is found on many models. I would say 1/5 mags per fill is about right for 85+ degree play on propane that was warm loaded.

Being realistic, it doesn't really get over 85 that often in Michigan. But I've heard of people that can get 2-3 mags out of their G17 at the same temperature. Any help on how to do that?

A mag catch that isn't worn out, gas router shims, good piston lid to nozzle fit and a very light slide with a light to moderate recoil spring.

I'm guessing an aluminum slide with cutouts is much lighter than its pot metal counterpart? And any suggestions for nozzle/piston lid combos?

Being realistic, it doesn't really get over 85 that often in Michigan. But I've heard of people that can get 2-3 mags out of their G17 at the same temperature. Any help on how to do that?

I forgot to comment on this.

I call BS on 3 mags of shots. Now if they say they shoot 69 shots but don't care the last 22 shots are no where 200fps...and they shoot once every 3 minutes...yeah it might be possible...

But, the thermodynamic properties of the "gas" we use is highly impossible to get 69 "consistent, skirmish-able" shots out of a standard WE magazine.