to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
TheAsianWithStyle

TM Hi-Capa Blowback Housing Issues

Hey guys, Just two weeks ago, I purchased the TM 5.1 Hi-Capa Gold Match. I had always used 1911s, but a this was my first ever Hi-Capa. Just today, I used it for a couple of games with normal green gas, as my propane was dying. On the third round, my Hi-Capa ran into a malfunction and shot one round and the slide did not go all the way back. Because I was in an engagement, I quickly racked the slide a couple of times and my problem was fixed. Later throughout the day, it happens again and again till the point where its not shooting correctly. I assumed it was lack of silicone oil and used silicone but the problem kept getting worse. I finally brought it to the technician at the park who was able to diagnose that my O-Ring was falling off. He fixed it but the problem happened again and the O-Ring had ripped. I asked the tech there and he had said that I should just replace the Blowback housing. He recommended a UAC Ultra Light Weight Aluminum Blowback housing ( http://www.evike.com/products/51971/ ) this is where I was wondering if you guys could give me suggestions on either other options for the blowback housing or for other upgrades I should do to my Hi-Capa that would make it even better. Thanks!

Are you sure it's an o-ring and not a piston lid? I haven't seen one of the newer Gold Hi-Capas yet but I'm aware they've changed quite a few things on it. Below is the cup. If that's the part you said is torn you can simply get an o-ring replacement also shown below instead of the entire BBU.

cup

file_62_84.jpg

o-ring

pdi_pt_hc51ph_m.jpg

Are you sure it's an o-ring and not a piston lid? I haven't seen one of the newer Gold Hi-Capas yet but I'm aware they've changed quite a few things on it. Below is the cup. If that's the part you said is torn you can simply get an o-ring replacement also shown below instead of the entire BBU.

cup

file_62_84.jpg

o-ring

pdi_pt_hc51ph_m.jpg

I will post a picture of the system as those do not seem familiar.

Are the gold models using a cup? Didn't the old ones use a v shape ring?

I will post a picture.

The tech saying to get the UAC BBU is Not helping and IMHO Not a very good tech.

That is like saying buy new alloy rims because your tire has a flat.

Just get one of either that RC mentioned.

True, I will post a picture.

Your photos are very dark but from the looks of it it's the same cup style but screwed on like a WE instead of press fitted. The second one that I showed you (o-ring) should fit in as a replacement just fine.

As Evike is the store closest to me, will these work? http://www.evike.com/products/53038/ Thanks

^Yep

^

I can't say for sure because your pictures are too dark. If it used a cup style before then just swapping it with an o-ring will not work. For the o-ring you need the part that holds the o-ring like the one I showed earlier.

Looking at the "cup" version you showed me, I'm sure it's not that. If I remember correctly, under the screw is a small plate that holds the ring.