SlabGizor117

So I'm on the fence on alot of things, opinions needed.

So, I kinda have an idea branch going on here :P

I have an Elite Force M4 and an old secondhand pretty much broken cybergun S&W Sigma. So, here's my ideas:

First decision, new gun for giggles or upgrade my M4?

For upgrades my problems are pretty much everything. It could be a bit more accurate, and after getting it broken went down to about 344 FPS I believe, and 14 RPS I think. So my idea was a new spring, better battery, better barrel, optional hopup if necessary, and possibly a Red Dot while I'm at it.

Second, as for new guns: A new Sigma(I've grown to like the design and then I'd have two mags), a rifle of some sort, or an SMG.

Third, in picking a rifle. I actually can't seem to find one that I really like, SMGs have always looked cooler to me. Either way, my lesser two evils of the rest, are an AK-47 or G36. JG G36 I'm sure is the recommended one but that I'm sure is hard to get my hands on. I heard CYMA AKs are really good and cheap too which is nice. Other than that, I don't know. I never really found any bullpup rifles I ever liked, either.

Anyways, for the fourth in SMGs I would probably choose between a P90 and an MP5, purely in concern of aesthetics, I just need a push one way or another. Money is also a bit of a constriction, my predicted ballpark budget is probably about $180.

So, Opinions? Recommendations?

Thanks for the help!

-Slab

upgrade ur rifle... and with 180 you can get a aps silver gearbox, a tunnirgy lipo battery a nd a new hop up bucking rubber coupled with one of those 5-packs of m4 magazines (if you have a plate carrier to hold them)

http://www.evike.com/products/54156/

http://www.evike.com/products/28917/

http://www.evike.com/products/47762/

Edited by SCARwolf

If the gearbox is NOT cracked you can upgrade it for less and not have to worry about fitment issues. Not all gearboxes fit in all receivers, having tried to do this often this I can tell you.

Plus APS good stuff is just other peoples "normal" stuff. APS is never High Grade, so why pay good money for average stuff.

Do A101 mods first.

http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/topic/220266-miscellaneous-internal-tweaks-guide/

Well I guess I shoulda said I'm a noob with no upgrade experience although I've disassembled the gun like 3 times :P so that's not a problem. Maybe I should narrow the question now, down to,

What should I do to upgrade it with an updated budget of $120-ish, to help accuracy, ROF, and FPS?

What is wrong with my idea(if it is wrong), with just getting a new battery, barrel and optional hopup, and battery(s), and maybe shimming the gearbox? Also, I want to fit a $40-ish dollar Red Dot to that budget so I guess maybe I should change it as far as upgrades to $100 for upgrades only. What do you think?

Edited by SlabGizor117

That helps...details...I always come down on people not giving details.

With that:

Don't just buy "any battery" Find one that has a high discharge rate and a level voltage output curve. LIPO's are good for this.

Put in a Maple leaf nub and packing and shoot HQ .28g bbs. Range will increase considerable.

As for FPS...that requires getting into the mechbox and at this time. I highly Do Not Recommend to dig into your mechbox.

Ok, thanks for the feedback. I know I want a higher voltage but I don't know much about LiPos so I figured I'd just get a better NiMh.

Also, no idea what packing is XD and I am a bit of a poor man's airsofter. Honestly, I'm not interested at all in any special BBs or the best nub I can find. I want to increase my ROF a bit, possibly to 18-20ish, most likely 18 if all I do is get a better battery, I want increased FPS prob up to 370, because 340 is weak, and I want better accuracy, not range.

I have already gotten into my gearbox(Why mechbox for some people?) multiple times to fix various issues and I have no problem with any of that. Either way assuming I was only going to change the spring, it's a quick change spring anyways.

So if you'd like more details, how about this:

I want better accuracy, a higher ROF preferably from 18-20 instead of my original 14, and I want higher FPS, around 360-370 probably instead of my original 340 after breaking it in.

Now, answer these questions, please.

Is a good barrel all I need to help with accuracy? What is a good "beginner", as in cheap but not bad, barrel to use(preferably a few options)? If any hopup modifications would help as well, I may do it if it's a small part that I can easily do but I don't care very much about it if I can improve my accuracy with just a barrel.

As for FPS, as said previously, I assume all I need is a new spring. What kind would I get to increase it from 340 to 360/370 FPS?

Again, I'm just starting, this is my first gun, first upgrades. I use EF .20s, and until I care enough about airsoft to use others for a reason like range, I'm sticking with them. Also, again, I don't know much about LiPos and batteries are insanely expensive on airsoft websites, so I'm gonna stick with NiMh. What would you suggest for it? My uneducated skimming on evike has stuck out a 10.8 2300 mAh NiMh, how much would that increase my ROF?

My budget is probably going to be around $120 to $150, but as I said I'm thinking about throwing in a $50-ish dollar Red Dot to that budget. I can be flexible with a $100 budget on upgrades, probably up to $120.

Thanks for the help!

EDIT: Not implying the nub you suggested is the best but I would have thought the barrel would be the best upgrade for accuracy and that's what I'm focused on, correct me if I'm wrong.

EDIT 2: Also through the thread my budget has changed alot lol, it depends on how much money I get from the guy I'm working for.

Edited by SlabGizor117

If you like AKs, go with the CM040i, which shoots over 400 fps, is sturdily built, and has lotttttts of rail space. As for upgrading accuracy, a tight bore will help (370ish mm in this case), but it is recommended that you also get better hop up bucking and a better nub. You won't need to upgrade much else besides that if you buy this gun, maybe re shim it, but that's about it. 18-20 rps can be achieved with a LiPo, but there's really no need to be shooting that fast in the first place. You are just going to go through bbs really friggin fast, and you will end up blowing more money on ammo as a result. A higher output batter also puts more stress on the gearbox. Be unique, buy an AK and not an M4 lol.