letsairsoftnewbie

Getting First AEG need help!

Looking for Best AEG for $500 or below(my first gun also buying TM Vsr 10 with it) that is also upgradable, I was thinking Masada Magpul PTS but I've heard to many bad thing about internals and that there art many upgrades to fix that problem, is that true? also I would like to know your suggestions

was also thinking about VFC elite force HK M27 IAR

thanks!! :red_indian:

There is no such thing as a BEST AEG. Each have their strengths and weaknesses.

Get what appeals to you cosmetically, play with it a lot! Then consider upgrades after a long period of use. This is to allow your play style to develop. It would be stupid to build a High ROF DSG gun if all you do is sit back and play DMR. And vice versa,....etc.

This is real life and not a video game. Your AEG is a system and incremental changes in some instances would have a more detrimental effect to performance over a well thought out upgrade.

So...get a gun that you like...play and have fun....

There is no such thing as a BEST AEG. Each have their strengths and weaknesses.

Get what appeals to you cosmetically, play with it a lot! Then consider upgrades after a long period of use. This is to allow your play style to develop. It would be stupid to build a High ROF DSG gun if all you do is sit back and play DMR. And vice versa,....etc.

This is real life and not a video game. Your AEG is a system and incremental changes in some instances would have a more detrimental effect to performance over a well thought out upgrade.

So...get a gun that you like...play and have fun....

exactly, I could say the best aeg is a Custom RPS based, Box fed, Railed, SPECTER DR MG42 but thats the next gun I will get, that's my playstyle that's how I am, and the crushing weight of such a beast would take down most airsoft players I know... so more info is needed and even then the opinion would be biased towards what we think is better for what you want to do... really

OP, did you already set aside money for other gear like eye/face protection, footwear, bbs, batteries, and charger?

You have a lot of options including CYMA AKs, Krytac, G&P, and others. Get what you like and leave it alone for now. So many players focus on spending money for what they think will improve their performance but really if you run fast and have a good sense of direction you are gonna outplay a lot of players running "better" gear.

I would recommend starting with an M4 based gun. There are many upgrades and ways to customize it the way you want. Version 2 gearboxes are a ease to work on and upgrade parts are vast and numerous.

If you are looking to get a unique gun that is not a m4/AK ect. do your research and make sure there are plenty of repair parts for that gun.

Top Tier Brands that you want to go for if you have the money is VFC, KWA, G&P and Krytac. For the most part these brands have easy to get parts that take TM compatible parts.

OP, did you already set aside money for other gear like eye/face protection, footwear, bbs, batteries, and charger?

You have a lot of options including CYMA AKs, Krytac, G&P, and others. Get what you like and leave it alone for now.

CYMA AKs are great from what I've seen and heard, but most of them aren't exactly high end ~500 dollar guns. If you like AKs and you like high end, then I would suggest getting an E&L or VFC.