to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
Slodin

Cheaper alternative to a face mask?

Hi,

Just wondering if there is an alternative to a face mask that I took a fond of.

it's the division six lower face mask.

it's a good improvement comparing to the all mesh lower, however that price tag on the mask from UK is ridiculous at 40 euro..

sure they got to pay the multicam pattern fee, but tbh not everyone needs that, just a plain color is fine.

Is there any other company making something similar to this?

having a hard time ADS with my dye i4 or the lower mesh and goggles combo..

currently using a raiser, but I'd prefer one day that I wouldn't need a raiser..

Edited by Slodin

You could cut the mesh mask to better fit your face. You should be able to bend it a little.

An alternative is to use a face wrap like a balaclava (not sure if I spelled it right) doesn't give as much protection but it's much more comfortable.

I know a guy that uses a mouth guard of some kind, but it doesn't impede his speech all that much.

Guest alberty

Edit: I was proven wrong. Disregard! Thanks.

It looks like that "T'Farge" product is just the regular mesh lower masks made in China, but with cloth covering most of the mesh. If you look, you can see the shape/outline of the standard mesh lower mask, and you can see the standard headstrap it comes with like a lot of mesh lower masks have now.

I flipped this image for comparison:

N5xlUgL.jpg?1

Compare that to this T'Farge thing:

14JC70b.png

vWwiceZ.png

Edited by alberty

You could cut the mesh mask to better fit your face. You should be able to bend it a little.

An alternative is to use a face wrap like a balaclava (not sure if I spelled it right) doesn't give as much protection but it's much more comfortable.

I know a guy that uses a mouth guard of some kind, but it doesn't impede his speech all that much.

I did cut and bend mine to fit me, but somehow I still can't ADS with it.

The hard mesh just won't allow me to look through my scope..

I can't use a balaclava since our field require full face protection, and soft protection is a no

It looks like that "T'Farge" product is just the regular mesh lower masks made in China, but with cloth covering most of the mesh. If you look, you can see the shape/outline of the standard mesh lower mask, and you can see the standard headstrap it comes with like a lot of mesh lower masks have now.

I flipped this image for comparison:

N5xlUgL.jpg?1

Compare that to this T'Farge thing:

14JC70b.png

vWwiceZ.png

oh no, the divison six masks are mostly cloth on the side, it only protects mostly your mouth and nose area with that mesh.

I have seen the videos, the cloth parts doesn't have any mesh at all..thus allowing users to press their cheek against the stock

Guest alberty

I did cut and bend mine to fit me, but somehow I still can't ADS with it.

The hard mesh just won't allow me to look through my scope..

I can't use a balaclava since our field require full face protection, and soft protection is a no

oh no, the divison six masks are mostly cloth on the side, it only protects mostly your mouth and nose area with that mesh.

I have seen the videos, the cloth parts doesn't have any mesh at all..thus allowing users to press their cheek against the stock

Oh, sorry about missing that, I did not see the review video in the tabs in the product listing page.

Sure, that design could let you cheekweld a little better since it is just cloth on the cheek areas. So you sacrifice hard protection on the sides for cheekwelding and the cloth look I guess. If you are handy with stitching and crafting, maybe you could modify a regular mesh mask like that yourself to save money.

Oh, sorry about missing that, I did not see the review video in the tabs in the product listing page.

Sure, that design could let you cheekweld a little better since it is just cloth on the cheek areas. So you sacrifice hard protection on the sides for cheekwelding and the cloth look I guess. If you are handy with stitching and crafting, maybe you could modify a regular mesh mask like that yourself to save money.

yeah....sadly I can't find anyone else making something similar...

Too bad I'm not good at stitching..I remembered the last thing I stitched was an apron WAY back in highschool lol (it was bad that my mom won't even use it...LMAO.)

it's just hard to justify something of little bit of cloth and mesh can be asked for 40 euros..if it's 40USD I can barely accept..

Edited by Slodin

Guest alberty

yeah....sadly I can't find anyone else making something similar...

Too bad I'm not good at stitching..I remembered the last thing I stitched was an apron WAY back in highschool lol (it was bad that my mom won't even use it...LMAO.)

it's just hard to justify something of little bit of cloth and mesh can be asked for 40 euros..if it's 40USD I can barely accept..

Hm, if not stitching exactly...you could try something with like rivets or Chicago buttons (I don't know these item names well)? Like on the mesh masks, you see on the straps are mounted with some kind of hardware to the mesh piece.