Sign in to follow this  
edelsite

sniper rifle

Ok, so I recently got into airsoft and have the AEG rifle covered, which I will be using 92.3% of the time. However, I'd like to occasionally play in a sniper game now and then. Most of the local fields have a 400 fps cap w/.20, so I guess that's my limit.

With that given info, I would like to get recommendations for an accurate sniper rifle that has good build quality and has the ability to be upgraded easily. I'm not partial to any particular platform, but from what I've been reading, it looks like I will be expecting recommendations to be either L96 or VSR-10 platforms. With roughly $250 to spend, what rifle is the best starting point? I can go a little higher if there's a better choice just outside the 250 cap.

Also, are there any immediate upgrades that are recommended? If so, what are they? I already have a scope and bipod off a real rifle, so those aren't part of the build cost.

....and, go!

JG BAR-10 G-spec. You'll want to look into replacing the hopup unit with the Action Army hopup and get a steel barrel for it, at least. Then you can use it until the trigger breaks and start work replacing the whole air system.

I recommend the G-spec in particular because it has a shorter barrel and the bolt handle on the full-length one is just the wrong shape and you'll knock your hand against your scope while working it.

Yeah I've seen JG BAR 10's being recommended on other posts as well. I just wasn't sure they were upgradeable rifles or not. Obviously from your post, they are. Thanks for the info and the specifics on upgrades! I usually start with Evike or AirsoftGi to check prices. Is there any other honey spots to find good deals on this rifle?