to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
gunnerk19

Removing orange paint...

Please note I said Painted...

I'm awaiting delivery of a new KSC G19 I ordered from WGC Shop; from what I understand, the orange tip is not a plastic piece attached to the barrel tip, but actual paint on either the muzzle or the front of the slide...

Now, please pay attention here, I am looking for definitive, specific answers on how to do this. Please do not lecture me about removing the orange tip/it's illegal/the cops are going to shoot me/etcetera. I do not skirmish, I do not shoot outside, I only shoot indoors at paper targets with a trap behind them. And I've already tried the search feature here but it is absolutely useless. I could search for the word "airsoft" and I get "No results found".

I like my guns to look like guns, not toys. I want to be able to remove the paint (if it is in fact painted, I'm assuming it will be based on research online) without damaging the painted finish underneath. At all. At All. AT ALL.
And please do not tell me "Just buy a new slide without the orange tip" because I don't have the money to do that at this time. That goes the same for "Just strip it down and repaint the slide", It's below freezing outside, and I can't paint indoors because I live in a trailer home and my wife would kill me. Like I said, I'm looking solely for the best method of removing only the orange paint and not affecting the painted finish underneath.

If there is already a post here somewhere that answers my question, please post the link to it; as I said, I've been looking for at least an hour online and on YouTube and 90% of the posts regarding this have been about plastic tips, been met with wisea$$ answers, or have gone off tangent into a completely different conversation.

Thanks.

Edited by gunnerk19

Nope...do NOT ask what to do until you have the facts and all the details.

Most of the details on the "net" are already outdated.

Wait for the WGC pistol. You maybe surprised that it is an orange tip on the GBB.

See an orange tip on a KSC G34 from WGC

23153633511_459b1eeeb9_b.jpg

BTW...for sale if anyone wants it.

Edited by Guges Mk3

Yeah, I'm hoping the plastic tip is going to be the case, but I've never ordered from HK before so I really don't know what to expect. This is the convo I had with them on FB...

wgcshopmessage_zpseuluixp2.png

The fact that they mentioned orange paint at all is what has got me nervous. From all accounts I've read the orange paint is applied in several layers and is almost a powder coat finish that is near impossible to remove cleanly.

Nice looking G34, BTW. Is it a recent purchase? If it is, it gives me some hope. :w00t2:

BTW, do you know of any other manufacturer's magazines that are KSC compatible? I'd like to find one that has a Glock logo'd base plate like the real deal.

Edited by gunnerk19

This G34 came in 11 days ago.

The info you read about multi-layer and being tuff is wrong. WGC never painted their guns like that, its to much work. Only the ones that were sold in the US were painted like that.

As for a maker that has glock logo'd base magazine with plates for the KSC. That would be none in the last 9 years,

You can just get the glocked logo'd plates made by Guarder or Proud. I have 4 NIB Proud ones I could sell you.

Edited by Guges Mk3

G have 4 kwa (ksc) G-series guns, a G19, G18c, G26c and a G23. I bought each when they came out and they all had paint on the slide. The reason they do this is because the barrel doesnt actually extend outside of the slide so putting an orange cap on wouldn't work. Unfortunately the paint is extremely hard to get off and I ended up dremeling/chiseling it off then re-painting.

Good Lord, that's even worse than painting the slide...

Why on earth would they do that? All that does is force someone who wants a black outer barrel to needlessly spend

More money buying a new one or to paint over the orange one and risk gumming up the internals with flaked off paint

From friction between the slide and barrel. I would hope in that case that they would take a cue from Stark Arms and

Include a black spare outer barrel.

I thought US import laws only required about 1/2" of the muzzle to be orange?

Why on earth would they do that? All that does is force someone who wants a black outer barrel to needlessly spend

More money buying a new one or to paint over the orange one and risk gumming up the internals with flaked off paint

From friction between the slide and barrel. I would hope in that case that they would take a cue from Stark Arms and

Calm down. It is an Importation barrel. The black one is hidden in the box.

Get your facts and details first...this is what I always preach...

• Upvote 1

Got it in the mail today. I shall question Guges' wisdom no longer :w00t2:

I'm surprised at how quickly it arrived, TBH. I ordered it on 11/17 and not counting Turkey Day, it made it from HK in nine days. I've had orders from Evike take longer to arrive from the left coast.

Well dude, as the saying goes vote with your wallet. If you don't like the orange barrel, don't buy the gun. There is no shortage of handguns out there with plastic tips that you can remove.