Sign in to follow this  
2fast

Solid airsoft gun for starter?

Hey my 11 yr old brother was thinking about starting to play airsoft, he's smaller so he can't handle a full aeg m4 or ak, so I was thinking something smaller, such as a p90, ump-45, mp5, etc. My price range is free-150$, if its a little over 150 then thats fine.

Edited by ghilliesuitsniper

look for something CQB. im fairly new also, and im having a hard time finding a good one to start with. But I imagine that if he's small, then he'll want a small gun, so CQB is probably what he should get.

edit: I talked to one of my friends whos an airsoft veteran, and he said CQB would be the best one for an 11 year old getting into airsoft.

Edited by prettlylilemerald456

I found this gun that might be just the thing. I've never owned a jg gun but from a friend of mine they are decently reliable. Here is the link: http://www.evike.com/products/29642/ it seems like kind of joke but the fps is pretty decent for cqb and would be really cool for a starter gun :laughbounce2: According to the image I don't think weight would be a problem and it says its lipo ready. But don't expect to use this for outdoors haha

Why not outdoor use?

I used to play with a guy that used a TM MP5K PDW in woods play. It is far less capable than the Evike gun you linked (lower fps, lower ROF, lower magazine capacity) He took more people out with that over kids with "upgraded" guns.

How you play is not the gun its you the player. Yes a better gun will help a "BETTER" player. But a better gun is actually a hindrance in player development. And if you have to ask why...I'll explain if you ask.

74u every time, and with that phillipino thing you said, strength isn't actually equated with height obviously and he was a fully grown adult. Just get him a cyma ak74u as their a lot better than the spetznaz aks in terms of reliability(and looks imo). Get the wood one and learn to stain stuff and your all set after getting some face pro(eyepro only is just plain dumb lol).

Also, the truth is that if you play with a bad gun, sure youll get better but then you cant play with a better gun without getting worse so it kinda sticks him in the corner of crappy gun land if he wants to stay good. I'd say instead of challenging yourself with a bad gun, challenge yourself with tactics and a good gun and a good gungenerally equates to a good time and vice versa unless you like struggling, im sure guges does with his horrid guns(he clearly runs with walmart guns, because that's what people with tons of experience in aegs obviously do.) I doubt he ever struggled with a bad gun as its not fun and most people quit the sport if their "bad gun" breaks and they don't know how to repair it. Struggle is good but only to an extent, only to the point where you don't have rely on anything. So my point is, to use addons on your gun isn't a very smart thing to do as people rely on them but in airsoft there really isn't such thing as an upgrade when using gun attachments.

For instance why would you need a red/green dot if you can use irons just as well. Why would you need a laser if you can track bbs and why would you need a flashlight in cqb if they can just shoot at the light. Why use grips if they add weight and don't help you with aiming. Why use anything but an 8.4(unless your contacts were previously burnt by a higher voltage battery arcing and you need to use that voltage battery to actually shoot) when an 8.4 does the least damage to your gun(7.4s wear stuff down faster obviously) and having a slower rate of fire allows you to shoot for longer periods of time without having to re wind your mag and it helps with supporting fire when you can shoot for longer periods of time aswell. Why use mid caps when you can run a single high cap instead of having to buy a vest to wear a bunch of 100 rounders that cant run any bb weight higher than .20 unlike a high cap(I use cyma ak high caps for reference) which can run heavier bbs and you don't have the chance of not being able to call a hit cause you didn't notice it or it didn't hurt. Why use a laser(yes this is the answer to that age old question)- when you can be easily spotted as the part that shoots the laser is pretty bright and easily seen at almost any distance, especially if you want to run a high powered one where you'd risk damaging someones eye(if its super strong yeah but generally your 99c store wont blind a kid or damage their eyes if you were to hit their eye with the beam depending on its strength but keeping it on there will start chemical change rather quickly just like how staring at the sun starts changing the chemical make up of the eye but only if you stare for like 10 minutes straight at it like a retard(im sorry but evolution kinda covered us looking at the sun a while ago lol)

EDIT: Don't get a 7.4 unless your willing to charge it multiple times with your expensive LiPo charger(no getting some cheapo 15 dollar charger cause they don't work as I've already killed my only two 7.4s with it) and if your willing to make sure you don't over charge it or let it die because both of those will kill your battery. Run with an 8.4, don't get a silly 9.6 as rof isn't something that should be increased unless you simply cant hit anything or you have parkinsons like Hillary and cant hold a gun steady enough. The faster your gun runs, the shorter the time it will function, even shot per shot an 8.4 is still better for your gun.

If your planning on upgrading your gun just for the fun of it, and I know guges will support me on this. Get a maple leaf setup, 290mm barrel(that's the length of your inner in that ak btw) maple leaf bucking, nub and barrel, buy some silicone oil and only oil moving parts and not the barrel(to clean a barrel the easy way which is the wrong way but works too, turn your hopup all the way off, get some silicone and some non flaking tissue paper, wrap it around the plastic cleaning rod that comes with your gun and make sure to stick it in the part that looks like a really big thread hole on a sewing needle and wrap it completely around the "big thread hole" thing for best results. Stick some silicone on it and clean that thing up by shoving it down the barrel obviously(make sure your hopup is off or you'll ruin the nub and ull have to order a new one for like 2-5 bucks especially if its the soft maple leaf type). Now silicone does not do a very good job of cleaning it so if your willing to take the gun apart(please get a guide and study it well, its not very hard as I taught a bunch of kids (7-10 y/os) on how to disassemble a vfc style ak because its very very easy) You need to remove the barrel from your gun, get some non flaking tissue paper and stick some rubbing alcohol on it(don't use hand sanitizer if it wasn't obvious enough) and swab the inside of your barrel with it musket style but only after removing the barrel completely from the hopup unit as alcohol will mess up your plastic bucking and nub.

Learn to take your gun apart with guides and do not do it yourself with no help as any noobie can mess up their gun. And keep in mind that cyma aks have the VFC style takedown so it takes a bit of elbow grease to take it apart the first time but it works like a charm the 3rd or 4th time as you gotta "soften" it up first. get your dad to take it apart with the guide as hes probably a strong man, theres a trick to doing it and it involves smacking a certain part of the gun with the rubber grip of a hammer or a mallet of some sort.

msg me if you want any more tips on stuff, this is 90% of the basics. You can ask guges as he knows more than me but if he doesn't say anything or he doesn't want to be bothered im here, because this place doesn't notify me of messages and I don't get back to you just go to discord.gg/REK8y42 cause you don't have to install anything or even make an account(you do need a username but not a password, its very new and I like it)

Edited by jroble95