to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
Jeebus Christmas

Duster gas not filling...I think?

I have a Marushin revolver that I tried filling with duster gas today (computer duster). However, it won't fill, I think? It doesn't fire. I tried the same can with my 2011 magazine and the output valve acts like it wasn't even filled. Any ideas? I don't have the AI adapter, and I'm using the pink nozzle on the can that you'd put the AI on. Maybe that's the issue?

Thanks!

Nevermind, I just cut down the spray tube. It's working!

Edited by Dead Christmas

That's probably the issue, the nozzle on the can won't do too well to fill the mag as it is either too short or doesn't get a food seal. Does the can either spray gas or sound like it is moving gas out?

If not, try pressing the valve with setting to make sure gas comes out and gently shake the can to see if it feels like there is liquid inside.

If so take a knife and gently make a cone inside the little pink piece so it resembles the shape of a universal fill tip (same as a green gas tank, butane tank, propane/duster adaptor)

That's probably the issue, the nozzle on the can won't do too well to fill the mag as it is either too short or doesn't get a food seal. Does the can either spray gas or sound like it is moving gas out?

If not, try pressing the valve with setting to make sure gas comes out and gently shake the can to see if it feels like there is liquid inside.

If so take a knife and gently make a cone inside the little pink piece so it resembles the shape of a universal fill tip (same as a green gas tank, butane tank, propane/duster adaptor)

Yeah the cans are fine (I have three), but they don't fill too much. I think it's because I'm either not pushing down hard enough on the trigger, or it's the 90 degree angle the foam has to go through to fill.

Some cans really just have sticky valve's, but sometimes it's just the chamfer at the tip of the can that's too deep and doesn't depress the fill valve completely. After filing it down, make sure to blow out all filings or that junk is going in the gun.

Edited by renegadecow

Some cans really just have sticky valve's, but sometimes it's just the chamfer at the tip of the can that's too deep and doesn't depress the fill valve completely. After filing it down, make sure to blow out all filings or that junk is going in the gun.

I'm not sure what you mean, the straw extension tip, or the actual tip that extends from the can itself?

The tip from the can itself won't put anything into the magazine, but the straw and trigger will...barely.

Edited by Dead Christmas

If there is no valve system between the extension and the can, then look at the extension. Basically the actual part that's supposed to depress the fill valve. If the chamfer on it is too deep then it won't open the valve.

That's the strange part, I know the can works because it sprays gas when I try to fill the magazines with it...It's probably the nozzle that's too short, and not getting deep enough into the fill valve. That would explain why there's an adapter, maybe?

Oh wait, I got it now, the nozzle on the can is just a hair too large, compared to the straw which actually fills the magazine. I think that might have something to do with it.

My TM Desert Eagle came in today, and after some practice, I successfully managed to fill the magazine a few times with the straw. I ordered the adapter, so I won't have to use the straw for more than a few days. Odd that the 2011 magazine wouldn't take the gas...

Edited by Dead Christmas