audiobahn1000

Are those replica Revison googles safe for airsoft?

I got a set of the seemingly very popular knockoff Revision googles at my local airsoft field. They sell them for the players, and I was unaware they were fakes until I did some research later. All I am wondering is if they are safe or not. I suspect they are as the lens is 2.5mm / 3/32" thick which is thicker than some of the ANSI Z87 certified googles sold at Wal-Mart.

Anyway, does anyone know of a video or test of someone actually shooting these googles to see how they perform? I suspect there is one out there somewhere as these googles are quite popular on eBay and Amazon. I think most people are not even aware that they are knockoffs of the real thing.

For reference, these are the googles I am talking about:

http://www.PLEASE DO NOT LINK TO EBAY SITES. COPY AND PASTE AD DETAILS HERE - THEIR ADS GO AWAY AFTER 90 DAYS/itm/Revision-MIlitary-Desert-Locust-Goggle-System-New-/262177509040?hash=item3d0aff4eb0:g:iB4AAOSw7hRWQ2b-

Edited by audiobahn1000

Guest alberty

They should be fine, I have fake Oakley SI tactical ballistic m frames and they are Z87 rated (which is fine for Airsoft)

That's unusual, how are the fakes regulated/verified to be Z87-rated?

The fakes have Z87+ markings so you'd believe them? By that logic do you also take them for real Oakley's? LOL!

Some fakes are actually decent as in they're literally produced in the same factory in China, just smuggled out and sold through different channels making cheaper. But some are horrible, have distortions on the lenses or are simply not built to spec. Do the only acceptable test. Don't watch a YouTube video about someone shooting similar eyewear as a test. Shoot it your goddamn self with the strongest gun in the field (not just what you have because what you have may not be the strongest) because putting faith in bootleg quality control over your eyesight is plain stupid!

Good for you, but still not ANSI rated.

To the OP, whatever bootleg goggle you buy, shoot at them first. Don't be content with whatever rating it says it has because it's a FAKE. They're already lying about the legitimacy of the product, you can bet your :censored2: they're likely to lie about that rating too. They're no different from those $2 sunglasses you find at flea markets. Having "UV protection" stickers on them doesn't mean they do.

Edited by renegadecow

Another thing to consider is how good of quality are the remakes compared to the real thing? I have an issued set and they don't fog often being running in full real military gear in Hawaii where it's constantly humid. I'd be willing to bet the knockoffs won't be as good.

Another thing to consider is how good of quality are the remakes compared to the real thing? I have an issued set and they don't fog often being running in full real military gear in Hawaii where it's constantly humid. I'd be willing to bet the knockoffs won't be as good.