Hello everyone, I have been playing airsoft for about a good year now, and have owned two guns. A G&G CM16 and a KWA Commando. After my G&G motor wore out, I chose to leap for something more "Lasting" and purchased a KWA Commando. I've had the gun for about 6 months, and the problems only seem to get worse. It began with the battery wiring coming off, then the lower receiver cracking, the HopUp not working, the HopUp getting stuck, my FPS going from 300 to 100, and the gearbox getting worse and worse (Sluggish) every time I play. Although I could fix these problems, I hate the fact that I had to face them to begin with, considering the fact that I am a person who cares about everything and treats everything super gently. Only having one year worth of experience, I feel as if the whole community can help me decide on a new AEG that I can actually "Rely" on and will actually "Last". Keep in mind I would like the guns to be readily upgradable and not proprietary. Thank you guys so much...

• Upvote 1

You put silicone oil down your barrel and hop?

Edit:

Also what battery and charger are you using because that should be totally unrelated to any cleaning procedures (unless you break into your gearbox every time to clean things too)?

What? No no no I lubed the hop up unit and cleaned the barrel regularly. I use a tenergy 9.5v and a tenergy charger.

You're not supposed to lube the hop up at all. Hop up relies on friction to impart a spin on the bbs and lubricants reduce friction. Furthermore, some hop rubbers are made of silicone (like KWA) and swell when they are exposed to silicone oil leading to jams/misfeeds and possibly air leaks as the nozzle fails to make a proper seal. The reduction in performance with respect to your rof is indicative of a dieing battery. In this day and age there's no reason not to use lipo batteries unless you're a long time player and still have plenty of functional NiCd/NiMH batteries left over from the previous decade. The same goes with Tamiya connectors. You should learn how to take proper care of your guns first before considering in buying a new gun because chances are it will not perform as expected if you keep up with what you're doing to maintain them.

You're not supposed to lube the hop up at all. Hop up relies on friction to impart a spin on the bbs and lubricants reduce friction. Furthermore, some hop rubbers are made of silicone (like KWA) and swell when they are exposed to silicone oil leading to jams/misfeeds and possibly air leaks as the nozzle fails to make a proper seal. The reduction in performance with respect to your rof is indicative of a dieing battery. In this day and age there's no reason not to use lipo batteries unless you're a long time player and still have plenty of functional NiCd/NiMH batteries left over from the previous decade. The same goes with Tamiya connectors. You should learn how to take proper care of your guns first before considering in buying a new gun because chances are it will not perform as expected if you keep up with what you're doing to maintain them.

On the HopUp portion and I regret not knowing this before hand. But on the battery cable part, like I said, I treat little things very gently and this incident occurred after trying to normally removing a battery and the black plug coming out. I will send the gun to KWA to fix the lower receiver but once I get it fixed I will consider buying a new nub and whatever it takes to make my gun shoot normally again. Although I do recall many videos online telling me to lube the nub and hop up to allow for smoother entry...

People might lube their hop up rubber to allow easier reassembly when installing into the hop chamber, not for cleaning. And even then, that's applying it on the outside and the incompatibility with silicone based rubbers stands which is why using dish washing soap as a lubricant for this purpose is better.

Regarding the connectors coming off, that's Tamiyas for you. A pair of DEANS plugs or XT60s will not do this as they are soldered on, cost $2 at most, and have far less electrical resistance that it's not uncommon to gain 2rps just with that upgrade alone. The loose connection may also be what's causing your rof to drop.

Guges is right. You shouldn't buy a whole new gun every time an old one fails. All AEGs will fail eventually. There are just too many moving parts for them to last forever. Get a tech to fix it for you. And a Lipo battery will solve all of your trigger response problems, guaranteed.

Hello everyone, I have been playing airsoft for about a good year now, and have owned two guns. A G&G CM16 and a KWA Commando. After my G&G motor wore out, I chose to leap for something more "Lasting" and purchased a KWA Commando. I've had the gun for about 6 months, and the problems only seem to get worse. It began with the battery wiring coming off, then the lower receiver cracking, the HopUp not working, the HopUp getting stuck, my FPS going from 300 to 100, and the gearbox getting worse and worse (Sluggish) every time I play. Although I could fix these problems, I hate the fact that I had to face them to begin with, considering the fact that I am a person who cares about everything and treats everything super gently. Only having one year worth of experience, I feel as if the whole community can help me decide on a new AEG that I can actually "Rely" on and will actually "Last". Keep in mind I would like the guns to be readily upgradable and not proprietary. Thank you guys so much...

Out of my 6 AEG's my Echo 1 VFC XCR is the most robust and reliable gun of the bunch.

I really reccommend a Valken Tactical Battle Machine. They have full metal internals, about 360-380 fps and hard Hi density polymer. They also have a full RIS. They come in MOD-L (long) Mod-M (CQB) and Mod-EC (lighter and without the RIS)

I suggest you to buy H&K 417. I am using the same for the last 2 years and faced no problem till now. The adjustable rear sight and stock help us with a comfortable and proper shooting. I bought it from an airsoft gun dealer in Toronto. They have all the upgrade parts, internals as well as externals with them. As they provide all type of accessories there is no need to go anywhere else for buying any tools for the AEG.