Is http://www.evike.com/products/59356/ a good gun? (here's the uncolored version researching M4s and the brands are pointed towards echo 1 G&G G&P, I couldn't find any info on APS or that much about this gun

Also if this isn't a good gun can someone point to a reliable m4 for about 200

Thank you in advance

My friend wants a Sniper, he likes the older models of guns any recommendations? around the same price as me

Edited by Wadou

APS is a terrible choice.

Another Piece of "Poo" AEG's are not made very well.

Skip this and the sniper gun. No "sniper" gun out of the box will out range an AEG. In fact its just a Bolt action rifle. Being that you both will shooting the 6mm ball. The delivery platform makes no bearing on performance in stock form.

Find a good used gun and try something before you buy.

I don't know much about the APS brand, but I know that a tried and true M4 is the G&G Combat Machine. That gun is generally the gun that fields use as the model for their rental guns due to their reliability. However, that APS rifle looks like it would do the trick.

As for sniper rifles, Guges is, for the most part, pretty spot-on with what he said. Out-of-the-box sniper rifles aren't going to be head-hunters generally. However, if you're still interested, from what I hear, the Echo1 M28 is a decent rifle. How old is an older model? The A&K Dragunov (spring-powered) is somewhat older. From around the '60s I believe. If you're looking for older than that, you're going to have a tough time. WWII Airsoft guns cost more than they're worth most of the time. Especially the bolt-actions. For example, you can buy two real Mosin Nagant rifles for the price of one Airsoft model.

Good luck.

Edited by Caleb G
  • Upvote 1

Yeah, I don't know much about the brand, but just because it looks cool and has a big price tag, doesn't make it good. G&G guns are very good and also a good gun is this Echo 1:

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=9956

I think that is one of the better field M4, and it is cheaper than the one you were looking at.

For snipers, you will not get a good "older" sniper rifle, so go with some spring L96 or M4015, and buy one of Novritch's modification kits, or take it to evike and have them mess around with a tightbore or better spring. (to increase the FPS of a spring sniper or AEG, just buy a higher level spring)