Sign in to follow this  
maverick96

What to buy KWA or G&G but diffrent guns

Thank you all for taking time to click on the topic and reading this.

I would like to get a new airsoft gun, but the problem is I do not have experience with KWA nor G&G. Things I heard are like, "KWA has better internals, G&G externals".

The to guns that I have a dilemma are:

1. G&G HK416 DST SHORT (T4-18 LIGHT)

2. KWA M4A1 (Full metal)

It says that M4A1 has reinforced "2GX" Gearbox, reinforced Gears, Reinforced Piston, Aluminum Piston Head.

Thank you in advance, looking for your feedback

I've personally owned both, not the specific G&G you've put, but a G&G and a MWA M4A1 (Around same price range).

I would say G&G over KWA definitely. First off, the G&G lasted me a year while the KWA lasted me a mere 5 months. The KWA has mostly proprietary internals which do not allow me to change most of the internals or upgrade them. KWA's bucking is crap, I was at OP Lion Claws and was getting 100 fps because my bucking froze. Even before that incident, my KWA stopped shooting straight and started getting to about 50ft before dropping. Everytime something on the KWA breaks, you either have to spend a lot fixing it or send it back for a "$50 maintenance fee" The G&G has done me too well and it's probably one of the best ways to go if you plan on expanding and if you plan on going to milsim events as a KWA AEG is the last last resort. Keep in mind KWA GBBs are a different story and are actually quite decent.

• Upvote 1

I've personally owned both, not the specific G&G you've put, but a G&G and a MWA M4A1 (Around same price range).

I would say G&G over KWA definitely. First off, the G&G lasted me a year while the KWA lasted me a mere 5 months. The KWA has mostly proprietary internals which do not allow me to change most of the internals or upgrade them. KWA's bucking is crap, I was at OP Lion Claws and was getting 100 fps because my bucking froze. Even before that incident, my KWA stopped shooting straight and started getting to about 50ft before dropping. Everytime something on the KWA breaks, you either have to spend a lot fixing it or send it back for a "$50 maintenance fee" The G&G has done me too well and it's probably one of the best ways to go if you plan on expanding and if you plan on going to milsim events as a KWA AEG is the last last resort. Keep in mind KWA GBBs are a different story and are actually quite decent.

Thank you very much for the answer, It means a lot to me coming from and owner of the both guns (companies).

I do not plan on buying GBB rifles. I was talking to some people and they also told me that KWA is a bit more expensive to maintain, and that its TM compatible (unfortunately you can't find TM parts where I am from).

They are both subjectively "good".

KWA guns are mostly proprietary parts so you need KWA direct replacement parts. Their guns are decent and usually work pretty well.

G&G are usually TM compatible so you can upgrade easily though their stock quality is usually average. They are good beginner guns but they do have some higher end models that are better quality.

• Upvote 1

They are both subjectively "good".

KWA guns are mostly proprietary parts so you need KWA direct replacement parts. Their guns are decent and usually work pretty well.

G&G are usually TM compatible so you can upgrade easily though their stock quality is usually average. They are good beginner guns but they do have some higher end models that are better quality.

Thank you for the answer.

But are these really a beginner guns ? :D Where would you put Cyma-s and guns under 200$, sub-beginner :D

Guest alberty

Both of those have some specifics about them, I think both would be alright choices.

1. The G&G Top-Tech models have decent internals. There are some proprietary features on the gearbox shell and receivers, but otherwise the internals should be all standard to the market such as motor, gears, piston, spring, hop-up unit, bucking, and inner barrel, ec. Proprietary would be the pneumatic blowback system, selector plate indicator assembly, and corresponding gearbox shell for the blowback system.

2. The KWA has pretty beefy stock internals with the 2GX system. It is a model that is intended to be good with its stock setup. There are some proprietary parts in the design overall, mostly from the gearbox shell, hop-up unit/air nozzle, and receivers. The rest should be standard such as the gearbox, piston, spring, motor, and inner barrel. There are some mixed experiences out there about the hop-up unit and bucking quality.

• Upvote 1

G&G. I use there cm16 mod0 dst its a great gun with 380 to 400 fps. I've had it for around 3 months and it works like the first day I got it. I bought it in a combo pack with the gun a battery a charger 1,000 P.S.B.P bbs and a cleaning and a unjamming rod. Its so amazing It is best for a beginner to intermediate player. The entire combo was $180 plus $20 shipping and taxes. So obviously G&G is my vote.